Chapter 3

Some days later, it was the day of the horse ride.

As Harry said, a driver was waiting Meghan in front of her hotel at 9:00 am, with Amelia already in the car.

Amy: Good morning.

Amy said, politely.

Meghan: Hi. You're okay?

Amy: I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

After that, an awkward silence formed in the car, and to break the ice, the actress tried to start a conversation:

Meghan: Amy? Have you ridden a long time?

Amy: I've been doing riding lessons since I was four.

Meghan: Do you usually ride alone?

Amy: Only sometimes. Since Uncle William married Aunt Kate, she usually join me. Beatrice, Eugenie and Aunt Zara, daddy's cousins, come with us, sometimes.

Meghan: That's cool. You seem to like Kate a lot. Do you get along with Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara?

Amy: Yeah, I really like Aunt Kate very much. We are very close. But, I am also very close to my dad's cousins. Beatrice and Eugenie are like sisters to me. Aunt Zara is my godmother, so we have a special relationship, too.

[...]

Meghan: This is such a beautiful place.

Amy: Yeah... Let's go. The stables are right there.

Meghan: Which one is your horse?

Amy: It's the brown one here. Thunder.

Meghan: Thunder is so pretty. Can I pet?

Amy: Yeah.

After petting Thunder, Meghan asked:

Meghan: Which one can I ride?

Amy: You can get Chelsea.

She said, while looking at a beautiful white mare.

One hour later, Meghan and Amelia were riding through a kind of forest, when Harry, that was not really traveling, arrived, but he chose not to warn of his presence. Suddenly, Meghan's horse rushed off, until she rolled down a small hill.

As they were under the trees, Harry couldn't see what was happening. He only found out that something was wrong when he heard Amy screaming.

Harry: Amy! What happened?! Did you push her?

Harry shouted angrily, leaving his daughter unresponsive.

Harry: Meg, sunshine, are you okay?

Meghan could only grumble in pain.

Amy was about to talk, but Harry didn't let her say anything.

Harry: Amelia, I can't believe you did this. I am so disappointed with you. Get into the car, now!

The prince said, while carrying Meghan and taking her to the car.

Some minutes later, they arrived at William's part of the palace, which has a ward with great doctors and nurses.

Kate: Harry, what happened?

Kate asked as she saw her brother-in-law arriving with his new girlfriend in the arms, besides seeing the niece crying.

Harry: Amy pushed Meghan off the horse, and I need to know the seriousness of the situation. Excuse me. .

Kate: Sure! But, are you sure Amy did that?

She asked in vain, since the prince was already gone. So, she tried to calm her niece.

Kate: Amy, pearl, what happened? Did you really push her?

Amy: No, Aunty. I swear I would never do such a thing, even if I didn't like her

She tried to hold back tears, unsuccessfully; so, Kate took her to her room in that part of the palace.

Kate: Darling, you must be tired. Take a rest, and, then, you talk to your father. You can stay for dinner, and maybe we can watch a movie with the children.

Amy: Okay.

Kate: Take a shower and try to sleep.

Amy: Thank you.

Kate: Call me if you need something. Love you, pearl.

Amy: You're okay? You look so downcast.

Kate: I'm just tired. Since your uncle is traveling, I'm the only one who deals with children. They wipe out my energies. Sleep well, darling.

Meanwhile, Harry was watching Meghan in her sleep in one of the ward's bedrooms.

Harry: Hey, how are you feeling?

Meghan: I have this terrible headache, and my back hurts.

Harry: Yeah... The doctor said you'll be having this headache for the next couple of days, and you also hit the floor very hard and almost fractures your ribs. You'll have to rest for the next few days, so I'd like you to stay here. Is that okay for you?

Meghan: Of course. Thanks. Is Amy alright?

Harry: About her... I am so sorry. I'd never imagined she could do such a thing.

Meghan: What are you talking about?

Harry: She pushed you off the horse... don't you remember?

Meghan: H! No! That wasn't her. My horse rushed off and I ended up rolling down the hill. It wasn't her fault.

Harry: Gosh... I yelled at her about it.

Meghan: You shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. Now she will be mad at me.

Harry: I'm sorry. Meg? Could you stay here for a minute? I'll come back soon. I just need to talk to her.

Meghan: Of course. You don't need to worry about me. Go apologize to your daughter.

Harry: I love you.

He kissed her forehead and left.

The prince knocked at his daughter's door, who was awake, and entered.

Harry: Honey, can we talk? Meg told me what really happened. I'm so sorry. It wasn't my intention to blame you, but I was very nervous.

Amy: Now you come all calm with me. But, hours ago, you were shouting at me. Shouting in a way you have never done before. And, that, is her fault. Now, do me a favor and get out of here, father.

Harry: Honey...

Amy: GET OUT OF HERE!

Harry, then, got out of the bedroom, finding his sister-in-law outside.

Harry: Did I make a mistake that big like that?

Kate: Yes, you did. I think it's better for you to go to your house and let her with me. Meghan can also stay here, as she is not in position to move around much.

Harry: Okay. But, what about their clothes?

Kate: Amy has many clothes here, and I can lend mine to Meghan, until hers come from the hotel.

Harry: Alright. Thank you, Cath. See you tomorrow.

Kate: Night, Haz.