Chapter 5

The alarm soon rang, and Amelia got up trying not to make a noise, as she thought Meghan was still sleeping. But, actually, she was awaken.

Meghan: Good morning, Amy.

Amy: Morning. How are you feeling?

Meghan: Much better, thanks. Was it so uncomfortable to sleep on that sofa?

Amy: It was actually really comfortable.

Meghan: I'm glad to hear it. Could you call a doctor now?

Amy: Sure. The palace doctor must be already awaken. I must go get ready for to school now. Bye.

Meghan: Thank you. Have a good day.

Amy went talk to the doctor about Meghan and she told him what happened; then, she went to her bedroom to get ready for school. Thirty minutes later, she went down to have breakfast with her aunt and cousins.

Amy: Morning, guys.

Kate: Good morning, pearl.

George and Charlotte: Good morning, Amy!

Kate: Hey, I knew what you did for Meghan. I'm so proud of you, darling.

Amy: I did nothing special. You know, you're saying this a lot to me lately: "I'm proud of you".

Kate laughed.

Kate: That's because I am!

Amy laughed too.

[...]

After Kate left George and Amy at their respective schools, she decided to visit Meghan.

Kate: Hey! How are you? I knew what happened.

Meghan: I'm much better, Kate. Thank you. But what surprised me the most was Amy helping me. I thought she hated me, specially after the accident. Did you know she spend the whole night here?

Kate: I'm impressed too, specially because she stayed here all night. But... Amy is a very special girl. She just has a hard time showing her feelings.

Meghan: H told me.

Kate: And I don't think she hates you. I think she is finding hard to accept this new reality where her daddy dates another woman.

Meghan: Yeah... She is such a special girl. I really hope we can become friends in the future.

Kate: You will. Now, I need to go. See you later.

Meghan: Thanks for coming.

Some hours later, Harry showed up to visit Meghan, that told everything his daughter had done for her.

Harry: Wow... I still can't believe she helped you that much.

Meghan: Yeah. She was really attentive.

She said, giving him a passionate kiss.

When Amy came back from school with George, she came across her father waiting for her in the lunch room. George, who is crazy about his uncle, ran to him and hugged him. Harry loves his niece and nephew as much as he loves his daughter.

Amy was nervous, not only because she was seeing her father, but also because of the school events that could change her life.

Harry: Hi

Amy: Hi.

Amy said, trying to be as insipid as possible. She didn't yelled at him, only because of her cousins.

Harry: After lunch, pack your things to go home.

Amy nodded and went up to her bedroom to change clothes.

Some minutes later, she went down and had lunch only with the children and Harry, since her aunt wasn't there.

When she finished lunch, Amy asked:

Amy: Where is my aunt?

— She is in the bedroom, Lady Amelia.

Amy: I'll join her. Excuse me.

She said, already going towards the stairs.

Amy: Aunty, can we ta...

Amy paused, seeing who was sitting in the bed, talking to her aunt.

Amy: Oh, sorry. Meghan, I didn't know you were already walking around.

Meghan: I still can't work hard. But the doctor said it would be good if I walked around

Amy: Got it. I'll come come back later.

Kate: You can stay, Amy. How was school today?

Meghan: Kate told me you're one of the best students of your classroom.

Amy blushed because of the compliment

Amy: Actually, that's what I wanted to talk with you.

Kate: What happened?

Meghan: I can left, if you want it.

Amy: You don't have to go. But you have to promise you won't tell my father about what we will talk about here.

Meghan: I promise.

Amy sat on the bed with them.

Amy: So, today, the principal, the only one who know I'm a member of the Royal Family at school, called me on his office to make me a proposal.

Kate: What kind of proposal?

Amy: He said that, looking back at all my past grades and analyzing my classroom behavior, he concluded that I'm smart and mature enough to start college next year.

Kate: What? Amy, pearl, that's awesome! Isn't it? You wanna go to college, right?

Amy: You know I want it. But, I don't know if Pa will like this idea or even if the British will accept it.

Meghan: Why do you think so?

Amy: Because, so far, no one formally knows of my existence. I've never been introduced to the media. People don't even know Prince Harry has a daughter. The news of a girl getting into college being only 12 years old would go viral, for sure, and everyone would know about me. People would think that I only got into college because I'm royalty. Pa won't want to expose me like that.

Meghan: I got it.

Kate: Then, what will you do?

Amy: I don't know. That's why I'm here, Aunty. I need help.