Chapter 11

Meghan: Amy...

Meghan whispered; she didn't want to scary Amy, who was asleep.

Meghan: Sweetheart, wake up.

Amy: Are we in Los Angeles already?

Meghan: We are.

Amy: What time is it?

Meghan: It's ten in the morning. It's a completely different time zone. It must be around 6pm in London yet.

Amy: Really? Right... I just have to brush my hair and my teeth, then we can go.

Meghan: Sure. I'll wait for you next to the exit.

Two minutes later, Amelia got ready and went meeting Meghan.

Meghan: Are you ready to meet America?

Amy nodded.

Meghan: Then, let's go.

The two got out of the jet and got into a car. Their bags were already in another car right behind them.

As the vehicle gradually moved away from the airport, Amelia didn't know what she was feeling. Everything was very new. It was like she was leaving house for the first time. Los Angeles was certainly very different from London, but it wasn't bad; she had a great feeling and felt more and more alive as she passed through the different parts of that charming city.

You could see the differences between London and Los Angeles right away. In that city there were many more cars than Amelia was used to seeing, not to mention that the driver was driving on the left, which was a little strange for the girl who always saw her driver driving on the right. In Los Angeles there were clearly more buildings than in London. And there was certainly no Palace, like the ones in her homeland. The streets were very busy. And although it was not hot, the climatic difference was noticeable.

Meghan: Are you enjoying what you see?

Amy: Yes. It is very different from London.

Meghan: It is. But it's not bad.

Amy: Not really. I've never seen anything like this.

Meghan: You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until we go to the mall. Speaking of which, I said we were going to the mall tomorrow, but I totally forgot about the time zone. Do you prefer to go today and do the game night when we get back from shopping or do you prefer to leave it for tomorrow? You must be tired.

Amy: No, we can do that today. I'm not tired at all.

Meghan: Okay. We can go at four and I'm going to talk to some of my friends and ask them to come at seven.

Amy: Okay. Hey! Is that your home?

Amelia asked, when she saw a huge mansion at the end of the street.

Meghan: It is. I know it is not a castle, but it is very comfortable.

Amy: Are you kidding? That thing is so big! And it is very beautiful.

In fact, it was not quite a street, as they were already in a more "rural" area of ​​Los Angeles.

Meghan: I'm glad you liked it.

Minutes later, they arrived at the big mansion and the driver left them in front of the house and then parked the car in a garage with space for 10 cars, with 4 more cars already parked.

Amy: Wow. This is even bigger on the inside, and so modern.

Meghan: Yes, the houses in America are somewhat more modern than the great castles in Europe.