Chapter 7

The next day, Amelia woke up very early, as she was a little nervous about seeing university professors, and she would probably have to take a test.

She got ready for school and was ready more than an hour in advance.

While having breakfast...

Harry: Do you want me to take you to school?

Amy: No.

"The car is ready, Lady Amelia."

Amy: I'm on my way.

The driver nodded and left.

Harry: Amy? Good luck.

Amy just nodded and went to the car.

Hours later, when Amy arrived from school, she found her uncles, her cousins and her father waiting for her to have lunch.

Amy: Hi. I didn't know you were coming.

Amelia said, greeting everyone but her father.

Kate: We wouldn't miss it for anything.

Amy: You're okay, Aunty? You seem so tired.

Kate: I didn't sleep much.

William: So... How was it with university professors?

Amy: It was okay.

Harry: How was everything resolved?

Amy: I did a test on all the subjects, then the professors asked me some questions and watched me for the rest of the class. And it was decided that I would learn better if I went to college at home. I said that I thought about doing administration or law, since medicine is not a possibility. And they said that if I went to college at home, I could do both at the same time.

Kate: That's great news. But, what about the question of your future professors?

Amy: They said they were going to separate some of the professors in these particular areas to give me a private lesson.

William: This is very good. And how soon would you finish the course?

Amy: They said that, as it will be at home, they don't have a certain time, but that, in 5 years, more or less, I'll finish.

Harry: Wow! I'm very proud of you!

Amy: But there is a catch. I'll only go to school until the end of the week. And I will have to go through an experimental phase, but this experimental phase is in America... more specifically in Los Angeles.

Kate: Wow, America... It's very far. Why does it have to be in America? And how long would that last?

Amy: It has to be in America because there they have professionals who cannot leave the country, and these professionals are trained to assess my performance. It would take about two months. And I would have to go at the beginning of next month.

Harry: Two months? Beginning next month? This is already in less than two weeks. Who would you go with?

Amy: They said that I would have to go with a person in charge. I leave here in early October and I'll be back in early December.

Harry: But there would be no one to take you. I'm very busy and so is your mother. Unless...

William: Unless... what?

Harry: Meghan lives in Los Angeles and is returning there at the beginning of next month.

Amy: Wait a minute. You're not implying that she is going with me, are you?