Chapter 21

2 days went by and Amy already couldn't handle her father and Meghan anymore. While Harry was at work, Meghan was always there, either talking on the phone, watching TV or proving clothes.
   On that day, Harry was home right after lunch.

Meghan: Hi, baby.

Harry: Hey, love. Where's Amy?

Meghan: Her room.

Harry: Amy, honey! Come here.

Amy: Hi.

Harry: Good news. Your mum's awaken.

   Amy smiled.

Amy: How is she doing?

Harry: She's okay. She's able to talk a little bit, even though she's in pain. It doesn't seem like the surgery damaged anything.

Meghan: That's awesome news.

Amy: Is she being discharged?

Harry: Not today. But they'll allow your visit. Go get ready, your Aunt Sam is coming to pick you up.

Amy: Okay.

...

Sam had gotten there 15 minutes after Harry told the good news. They both went straight to the hospital.

Sam: Sissy, we're here.

   Sam entered the room in front of Amy, right beside her. Ava muttered something, as if in pain, but then looked at the door and smiled at her daughter.

Ava: Hey, sweetie.

Amy: Hey, Ma.

Sam: You can come closer, brat.

Ava: Stop calling her that, Samantha.

   Amy got closer to her mother's bed and was able to hold her hand for a little bit.

Ava: Missed you so much.

Amy: Has someone said you look terrible?

She said while smiling.

Ava: Quite a handful of times.

Ava responded while smiling back and coughing in pain.

Amy: Sorry for making you laugh.

Ava: That's okay. How are things going?

Amy: Not quite as good as I'd wish. My mum hid a brain tumor from me and almost died.

Ava: Sorry for that.

Amy: I kinda hate Papa and his girlfriend. Aunt Kate's in bed. But I'm excited for a new baby cousin, so that's really the happiest part of my life right now.

Ava: We're going to have a conversation about your daddy as soon as I get better. And I can't wait to have a new nephew or niece. I'm going home in a few days, okay?

Amy: Can I come and stay with you? It's time that this share custody is put in practice, don't you think?

Ava: Yeah, of course. I'm going to pretend you'll be staying with me because you missed Mummy a lot.

   Amy smiled.

Sam: I'm gonna have some coffee, girls. Keep laying down and don't lift your head, Ava.

Ava: Okay.

Amy: So, are you feeling any better?

Amy asked while getting sit at a chair by the side of the bed.