Really? (Fili)

June 6, 2015: This is my first imagine. I hope you enjoy!

Fili confesses his feelings for you.

The night sky was embroidered with stars, all bright and twinkling. Fili lay next to you, gazing up at the stars with you.

You sensed him shifting and moving about. He moved considerably closer to you; now your sides are touching.

Suppressing the butterflies you felt with him being so near, you whispered to him. "It's finally quiet, with the other dwarves being asleep."

Fili smiled and joked, "Well, it would be, if not for Kili snoring."

Both of you shared a soft chuckle.

After moments of dreary silence, Fili rushed to his feet quickly. His sudden movement caused you to stand up with him as well.

"Fili, what is it?" you ask, while the anxious dwarf was pacing back and forth, the moon's light cast down on his face, making him seem all the more handsome.

You never ceased to notice the dwarf's almost unnatural beauty.

However, his character, not his appearance, made him ideal for you.

Fili was strong, loyal, brave, kind, and carefree; therefore, his present state of worry concerned you.

"Fili?" you ask once again, with him paying attention to your presence this time. "What has upset you?"

He let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm not upset. I'm afraid."

Your eyebrows form a crease above your nose, noting your confusion.

"If you're scared about the quest-" you start but are interrupted by Fili.

"I'm scared of not being cared for by this person in front of me. I'm scared I won't be able to wake up beside you every morning to see the morning sun upon your beautiful face. I'm scared of not being loved by you, Y/N." Fili lowered his voice. "I love you with all of my heart."

You were unable to respond to the sudden declaration of his feelings before he pulled you in for a kiss. The kiss was one of love and hope, unlike many of the kisses shared today.

Of course you had feelings for Fili, who wouldn't after getting to know him on this quest to reclaim the Lonely Mountain? Contrary to what you thought about him, you didn't know that Fili had feelings for you.

"Really? Fili, do you actually have feelings for me?" you question in shock and some disbelief, not of his love but of yourself not knowing what he felt.

He pulled you into the warm embrace of his strong, comforting arms once more. "I mean it, Y/N. I mean it."

Just as you were both going to go back to lay down, you could have sworn to have seen Kili with his eyes open, grinning at you.

Almost instantly, he closed his eyes and went back to noisily snoring. This left you and Fili to laugh at Kili's actions, for the first time together.