Banished (Éomer)

July 20, 2015: I was given the idea to write this from GalionJones. Go check out her Legolas fanfic ("Dear, Legolas"). It's seriously awesome!

Also, I've decided that I'll post the Bard imagine later. Sorry, for the few individuals that I told that I was doing a double update.

You are loyal to Rohan and are banished with Éomer, your lover, and the Riders of Rohan (Rohirrim Riders) as a result of Théoden's poisoned mind and Grima Wormtongue.

You laughed at Éowyn's witty comment on the state of Grima's hair until you saw Éomer being held back by two of Théoden's guards. You sprinted to where Éomer was and heard Grima utter the words that nearly broke your heart. "You are banished forthwith from the kingdom of Rohan."

As Éomer struggled against the guard's grasp on him, you thought that this could be the last time you would see him. To think that you would never hear his loud, harmonic laugh, hold his loving hand, and never again see the way his eyes gleamed when they were upon your face and your face alone, was overwhelming enough to make you want to collapse.

However, in the spur of the moment, you cried out, "Wait!" Everyone's gaze turned to you after your sudden outburst. "I'm going with him."

Grima looked at you with disdain, like he did with every person that threatened his plans. "So be it." he spat.

While the guard led you down the familiar places of the Golden Hall of Edoras, you realized that the guards separated you from Éomer, the one person you didn't want to be separated from. A moment of panic ensued as a guard's hand tightened around your arm and various plans to escape were being formulated up in your head.

After all, his unpleasant demeanor and strong grip made you want to run away and fight against being treated like you were a prisoner. But you calmed yourself, knowing that it had been your decision to leave, and you would readily suffer whatever consequences came your way to be with Éomer.

Eventually you approached the doors to the sleeping corridors. You were fairly hesitant to walk any further and your furrowed brows must have noted the guard of your apprehensive confusion, for he said, "I'm just taking you to gather some of your things. It would be cruel to send you off without basic supplies and a horse."

You visibly relaxed. "Thank you for your kindness." you replied. You truly meant it, as some might ban people without even the necessities needed to survive a few days.

***

After you gathered your belongings, you were taken with Éomer and all of the other Rohirrim who had pledged their allegiance to the edge of Edoras.

The city appeared dull and lifeless, with the exception of a few neighs that came from horses. The people looked sullen, even the children seemed aware of Theoden's corrupted mind, and knew that something must have happened for nearly all Riders to be exiled from the lands they vowed to protect.

You shuddered at being remembered to the people as a "traitor" to the king, but Éomer consoled you and touched your neck gingerly. He softly muttered, "We will return, Y/N."

The guards had moved the back of the group and were now ushering you forward.

"So this is the farewell we receive for protecting Rohan?" a young man complained.

"It is worth knowing that we did what was right, and that we refused to be pawns of Saruman." Éomer addressed the young man, who nodded, not wanting to stir up any trouble.

While the large group was exiting the gates, one of the guards yelled, "Leave now, you are exiled from Rohan. Your return will bring death."

This earned choice words from various people and a few even spat on the guards.

In contrast to the actions of some, Éomer wanted the men to behave themselves. "My brothers, why do you waste your breath trying to mock them? We will leave with dignity and pride, and we dare not soil the title we have earned, the "Riders of Rohan". Do I need to explain more?" Éomer had said to the league of Riders, and several people mumbled in disagreement, as they knew they were above such childish acts.

Éomer nodded with contentment. "Good." he replied. "We set off now for shelter. After we are settled, we will discuss plans to reek havoc upon the orcs that attempt to cross our border." The Riders shouted with joy, and even you were happy and hoped that killing some of the orcs would help the smaller villages who were constantly threatened by the vile creatures.

***

Once the temporary camp was set up, people were recalling interesting memories from the times they were on patrol. "Do you remember the time one elf maiden had wandered across the Western border?" The men laughed and had a merry time, despite the situation they were in.

Joining in on the conversation, you sat down on an open log. You were actually enjoying yourself. Grima wasn't lurking around and twisting your words in front of the king, and no unfriendly people were there to judge you.

When the sun started to go down, a campfire was constructed. You watched the flames as the Riders carried on their own conversations until you heard Éomer call your name.

You went to locate Éomer and you found him inside of his tent, staring at a map of Rohan.

"Éomer, what's wrong?" you asked.

He sighed, crumpled the map, and threw it behind him.

Éomer placed his hand on his head. "How long are we going to last out here, with little supplies?" he said in a monotone voice.

You shrugged. "I'm sure we'll be able to return or find supplies before-"

"Why was I so ignorant as to let us get banned?" Éomer cut you off.

You knew that underneath the calm, poised leader Éomer put himself out to be, he had many stresses and worries. Sometimes it baffled you as to why he would doubt himself, but he only revealed his nervous nature to you.

"Éomer, it's not your fault that the Rohirrim Riders got banished. It was Théoden's poisoned mind; he not thinking straight." you took a deep breath before you continued. "Besides, Rohan will call on us when we're needed. You even said yourself that we will return. I don't doubt that or you. You're the leader, after all. The Riders see a man that they would follow into battle, a man that they have followed into battle. They look up to you." you concluded, hoping that Éomer was feeling a sense of renewed hope.

Éomer smiled, and raised an eyebrow. "And do you look up to me?" he had questioned.

"Of course!" you nodded your head. "Well, since you're taller than me."

Éomer rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around you in a hug.

"You're the best, Y/N. That is one of the reasons why I love you... you always know what to say." he talked into your hair, where he was resting his head on.

He pulled away from the hug and looked at your head that came to his lips. "I am taller than you."

You and Éomer laughed, and as you felt the soft rumble in Éomer's chest, you were glad that you were beside him, banished and all.