Chapter 3

When Moo Chi finally arrived at Ba Reum's house, Bong Yi felt a bit of relieve. She was still terrified, with Ba Reum out there, ready to confront Yo Han.

She wished her hands where healed, then she could have helped him, but she knew that she would only get in the way. But with Moo Chi here, there was someone who could help Ba Reum. She quickly told the older man what happened, her voice panicked, so afraid of what would happen, she shouting hard, trying to convey the urgency and hoping to spur him into action.

He looked were she had pointed and then froze up for a second and started to shout himself, pulling his gun out of its holster.

Bong Yi turned around to see what Moo Chi saw, and screamed in fear when she saw Yo Han hitting Ba Reum on the head.

She saw how Ba Reum started to fall, as if it happened in slow motion, each movement made her heart stutter. She kept on screaming at Moo Chi to shoot, but before the man could, she saw how Yo Han lifted Ba Reum across his shoulders. Her eyes were wide when she saw him getting away.

"Goddammit, I can't shoot, I'll hit Ba Reum." Moo Chi shouted in frustration, quickly putting his gun away and trying to run the distance. His legs were not coordinating very well because he was still quite drunk. He tried to run as fast as he could, not caring when he bumped into things. His friend was being taken away, he has to save him, he has to.

Bong Yi ran after Moo Chi to where Ba Reum was, trying to ignore the pain shooting from her hands, the stitches pulling with every step she took.

By the time Moo Chi reached the spot where he had last seen the two men, they were long gone. The precious moments it had taken were too long.

He swore harshly, and kicked a garbage can, making a nearby cat startle and yowl at him. He ignored it, trying to think.

He took out his phone aggressively and called the police station to request back-up now. He was shouting through the phone when Bong Yi gained on him, breathing harshly.

"What's that?" she asked pointing at the ground. Moo Chi turned on the light on his cell phone and held it closer, putting his fingers in it.

"It's blood." He said, hearing Bong Yi gasp, but not paying any attention to it. He was trying to follow the trail, but it only led him a few metres farther, and then it suddenly stopped.

"This is probably where Yo Han had his car parked." Moo Chi said, feeling dizzy. The stress, lack of sleep and the amount of his alcohol in him made his body shut down. He didn't let it, stubbornly trying to keep his mind as focused as possible. In the distance he could hear sirens, but hope had already abandoned him. In his heart he could feel that it would be too late to safe Ba Reum, as it had been too late to safe his brother.

The amount of blood that Moo Chi had seen hadn't been a lot, but the fact that Yo Han had taken Ba Reum with him didn't mean a lot of good things. And they still hadn't found Han Kook.

Moo Chi wondered if Yo Han wanted to play another game with them. He rubbed his brow with one hand, trying to stop the doomlike thoughts.

Three cars full of cops stopped around him, one of the cars where Moo Chi's people and the other two were local police forces that had been called to reinforce their own, seeing the seriousness of the case.

"What's the status." One of his own colleagues asked him, when they were all gathered around him and Bong Yi. Bong Yi was shaking and looked ashen, tears were leaking from her eyes.

"He has Ba Reum." She said, whispering.

"What did you say, miss?" the man asked again, turning his attention to her. Moo Chi turned around as well, his eyes wide because of the stress.