Chapter 12

Installing those spy cams had turned out to be a good idea and in the few days that followed they had already collected more evidence about OZ then they had all those weeks that they had been spying on Choi from the outside.

Even better was that they had managed to catch that concrete evidence on film. Luckily some of the OZ members still reported to Choi Young Shin, especially about the ways they could prove that Yo Han or Ba Reum had been the culprit.

Ba Reum and Yo Han took it to watch the movies every day and listened to all the conversations, which still took quite some time even when they could fast forward all the times no one was at the home. Most of the people who went to visit her though were because of her work in politics, but luckily they struck gold a few times.

"Yo Han, you have to listen to this one." Ba Reum said, his voice sounded a bit disturbed.

"What is it?" he asked and Ba Reum put the movie he had paused back on play.

Choi Young Shin was sitting there at her desk, an older man sitting in front of her.

"So, how is Choi Hong Ju doing?" she asked the man and Yo Han looked on the screen in surprise, his eyes wide, glancing at Ba Reum.

"She's doing well. So for she hasn't tried to get an abortion again, and the child seems to be growing well."

"And the test? So we can check if the child carries the gene, just in case we need a back-up." She asked, leaning forward.

"The foetus is still too young for it. We'll have to wait for the third trimester."

"Well, as soon as it's tested, I want to be informed of the results. And if she informs about abortion again, try to dissuade her. On the other hand, try to suggest giving the child up for adoption. It will be easier to control it if one of us parents it."

The doctor bowed and went away, leaving Choi Young Shin to her plotting.

Ba Reum paused the movie, seeing the surprised face on Yo Han.

"You have to go and warn her about OZ." Ba Reum said, breaking Yo Han's stupor.

"No, we can't. If OZ finds out that we are alive, it'll bring her in danger." He said.

"If she doesn't know about OZ, it could bring her child, your child in danger." Ba Reum said, his voice a bit louder.

"I said no. I will not risk Hong Ju's live because of this." Yo Han affirmed, his voice cold and strict, slightly louder then he would talk normally.

"Even if you lose your child?" Ba Reum said, anger clear on the surface.

"Yes." Yo Han said and went away. Ba Reum looked at his retreating back. He knew that Yo Han wasn't untouched by this knowledge and that turning cold like this was one of his defence mechanisms.

He knew that the man would be anguished about this choice, trying to reason with himself that this was for the best.

Nami meowed for attention and came to sit in Ba Reum's lap. He patted her slightly, thinking. He couldn't let Yo Han destroy himself like this. Living so close together with Yo Han for these past few weeks made him understand the man quite well and he knew that this knowledge would eat him up from the inside.

So, if Yo Han wasn't going to do anything about it, then Ba Reum should.

A few hours later, Yo Han was searching for Ba Reum. He had calmed down after having the fact that Hong Ju was pregnant with his child suddenly sprung on him. The thought terrified him and he actually had separated himself from Ba Reum for a moment and cried.