Chapter 16

Ba Reum surreptitiously put his finger in the side of his shoes in the hope to give his feet more room. He had been at the hospital for a couple of hours already, but there was no sign of Dong Koo anywhere. He had eaten something in the cafeteria, visited the gift shop, walked around the corridors of the coma unit. He even dared himself to pass Chi Kook's room, looking inside, but there was only Chi Kook in there. Ba Reum frowned a bit. He had expected Dong Koo to be there.

He had looked to the two sides of the hall and quickly slipped inside.

"Hey, old friend. Still not waking up?" he asked, but Chi Kook didn't move, "don't worry, everything is going to be okay soon, so you just concentrate on getting better."

He grabbed the hand, squeezed a little bit and then he got out of there before anyone would see him in there.

Then he walked back to the entrance of the hospital, walking a few circles there, but keeping the entrance door in his line of sight, knowing that Dong Koo must pass through there if he wanted to visit Chi Kook.

He was starting to feel the anxiety roil in his gut and hoped it was just a coincidence. Perhaps he was at home or at work, but just now that they found out there was a killer trying to erase loose ends, he couldn't find Dong Koo.

Ba Reum stayed as long as he dared, but when he saw some nurses starting to give him weird looks, he decided to leave the hospital, not wanting to be suspicious for staying to long.

He walked past the door and was about to go the parking, glancing behind him one last time in the hope of seeing Dong Koo. Of course he hadn't suddenly appeared behind him. Of course, just at that exact moment, someone turned the corner right where Ba Reum was and walked into him, making Ba Reum fall ungracefully to the floor, his balance off thanks to his hurting feet.

"Are you okay miss?" the worried voice above him sounded. Ba Reum quickly got up, putting the hairband straight in a nervous gesture and looking with wide eyes in the gaze of Dong Koo who was strangely enough accompanied by Moo Chi.

"I'm sorry, I was in a hurry." Ba Reum said, bowing. He hadn't expected to bump into the other man, and now he tried to keep his gaze low, in the hope that he wouldn't be recognized.

"Here's your purse." Moo Chi said, picking it up from the ground. Ba Reum took it from his hands with a small thank you and walked away, trying to not run away.

Luckily the two men let him go without further questions. When he was a bit further away, he risked looking back at his friend and couldn't help being happy to have seen him again, even for such a short time. He had been right that sooner or later Dong Koo would come and visit Chi Kook.

He knew that he wouldn't leave their friend alone in this place.

Still, him being with Moo Chi couldn't mean anything good and Ba Reum could only hope that they wouldn't meddle with his case.

"What are you looking at?" Moo Chi asked Dong Koo, who kept on staring at the woman he had bumped into, "interested?"

"No, it's not that." Dong Koo said, a blush on his cheeks, "it's just, I think I recognize her."
Moo Chi turned around to take another look at the retreating figure a bit and then shrugged.

"Perhaps she's a model. She's tall enough to be one. I got the feeling as well that I've seen her before. Perhaps on a magazine or something?" He said, having noticed that the woman was an inch or so bigger then him. And not even wearing high heels.

"No, that's not it." Chi kook said, pondering, "oh, I got it. I saw her at a second hand store. She bought something there that Ba Reum used to like."