Chapter 5

Bong Yi woke up slowly, blinking and looking around her, her head felt is if it was filled with cotton and her mouth was dry. She was in an hospital room. She slowly sat up, her bandaged hands obstructing her movement a bit.

She was feeling slightly dizzy when she looked around the room dispassionately. Somehow everything seemed a bit dull to her senses, as if the world was dipped in grey paint.

She shook her head, hoping to clear it a bit, but she was still hazy because of the drugs she had been given. Why was she here in the hospital?

She slowly got out of bed to look around the room and then suddenly it started to come back to her.

Ba Reum!

Yo Han had kidnapped Ba Reum. In spite of the drugs she had been given, her heart rate went up and she panicked a bit. She gasped and stumbled out of her room, to search for anyone who could tell her what happened since then.

She saw a nurse, who spotted her at the same time. Bong Yi felt her legs shake when she tried to reach the nurse. The woman luckily had hurried over to her and quickly supported her weight and with the extra support Bong Yi gained her balance back.

"Ba Reum? What happened to Ba Reum?" she asked, her voice desperate. She remembered how Yo Han had knocked him down and had taken him away and then that the police had shown up and that they had gotten her in the ambulance, but after that it was all blank.

"You mean the officer that has been kidnapped?" the nurse asked, and she nodded her head, "There hasn't been a news update on that case yet. The cops are trying to search him."

Bong Yi looked a bit wide eyed at that information, not really knowing how to process it all. The drugs were dampening her ability to form a lot of coherent thoughts. At least he wasn't dead yet. The police will find him, they must.

The nurse saw how the patients eyes seemed a bit too dilated and understood that she was still under the calming drugs. She gently guided the patient back to the room, trying to keep up a stream of soothing words in a calm tone.

Bong Yi let herself be guided back towards her bed. She was laid down and the nurse measuring her blood pressure and heart rate, frowning when she saw how high it had soared up.

"I'll go get a doctor, please wait here." She said and Bong Yi nodded numbly. Her mind kept on returning on to Ba Reum. She was so afraid for him and the fact that he hadn't been found yet, that wasn't good, but on the other hand the hope that he was still alive filled her as well. Her mood kept on swinging back and forth between hope and hopelessness, it made her head spin.

She drew her knees up and rested her forehead on it, hissing when she accidently agitated her hands.

"Hello, Miss Oh Bong Yi?" a young female doctor asked and she looked up startled. She hadn't heard the door open.

"Yes, that's me."

"Hello, I'm Dr Lee. Do you know why you are here?" she asked Bong Yi, taking a seat near her.

"I think so. Ba Reum was kidnapped and I, I.." she started, breathing harshly again.

"Shh, it's okay. Yes. We have admitted you because of emotional shock. Seeing the situation we think it's best that you stay here a bit longer, just until we are sure that you can handle it." The doctor assured her, seeing that Bong Yi was about to protest.

"But, I want to help." She said, and the doctor nodded sympathetically.

"I know, but bringing yourself in danger will not help anyone," She said, "and with the way you are feeling right now, everyone will be concerned for you and that will not help anyone either," and Bong Yi realised slowly that the doctor said the truth. She felt in no shape to go search for Ba Reum.