Chapter 8

Ba Reum took in a deep breath when he disconnected his phone from the scrambler device after they closed down the line on him. He closed down the website of his church group and hoped that this was enough evidence for the public to believe it hadn't been him.

He had been surprised at the evidence they had found against him, and the precious seconds it had taken him to hack the church groups had him almost in a nervous break down.

"Calm down. You still have time to find the evidence. The show isn't over yet." Yo Han said, putting his hand on Ba Reum's shoulder. Ba Reum took a shaky breath and closed his eyes for a bit.

Then it went like nothing. He called the show and presented the evidence and mailed the print screens from a new mail address.

He normally handled stress situations like this quite well, but the thought that his friends might believe that he could possibly have committed a murder was something he had difficulty with, which made thinking straight a bit more difficult.

He and Yo Han watched the last few bits of the episode, curious if they would show more evidence, but the show ended soon thereafter. The only thing he regretted was not being able to disprove the DNA test, seeing that this was actually a true test.

"It seems that they really want to frame one of us." Yo Han said, looking at the commercial that was now playing. Ba Reum looked at the screen of his laptop as well, frowning a bit.

"Yeah, they do. They started the show as if we are the only options. They even went out of their way to get that jacket with that button to frame me." Ba Reum said looking at Yo Han, "I'm afraid about what kind of resources these people have."

Yo Han looked at the other man in understanding, he had the same fear.

"I'm afraid that they have more than we want them to have. But we'll just stay low and try to find out all of them. Let's look into this guy as well. He's probably a member of OZ too." Ba Reum nodded and started to look up his profile on the internet, hoping to quickly find something.

"Do you think that anyone will believe them." Ba Reum asked hesitantly, not daring to look up from his screen. Yo Han looked at the man and thought about how insecure he looked like that.

"You mean your friends?" he asked, and saw Ba Reum wince slightly.

"...yes," he said after a small moment, "I'm afraid that if the evidence stacks against me, that they will start to hate me." He admitted.

"Try to have faith in them. We'll continue to try and disprove as much as we can. We'll try to solve this as soon as we can and then we can return to them and explain ourselves." Yo Han said, and as an afterthought, "and they might even forgive us in time."

"In time." Ba Reum agreed sadly, thinking about how much they must have been suffering because of him.

Moo Chi frowned at the television screen, trying to make the two screens blur together in one. He moved a bit, disturbing the littering Soju bottles on the ground.

Ba Reum couldn't be the killer right? Their evidence was disproven, but did that make Yo Han the killer then? Moo Chi tried to think back at the evidence he had found and remembered that it had all made sense at the time.

They had even found Ba Reum's pictures hanging in his secret basement, who knew how long he had planned to kidnap the other man.

But still, the things Yo Han had said before killing Ba Reum and then killing himself, he had sounded sincere. Seeing that he was killing himself at the time, it didn't seem a lie. Or was this a kind of last game from the predator?