Chapter 22

After the eventful days filled with arrests and general outrage, people yelling at the police departments to do their jobs and the booing everytime they brought one of OZ in, Moo Chi was glad to return home.

The first thing he did was to call Ba Reum and Yo Han to tell them that most of the culprits on their list had been arrested and that they were busy with interrogating them all.

"Good, now we can on to phase two of the plan."

The next day they released the news that Chi Kook had awakened, and the journalists couldn't be there fast enough to film an interview with all the gruesome details off the assault. It added all to the sensations of the current news.

Chi Kook had felt a bit overwhelmed, but he knew that if he wanted to help Ba Reum, he should just do this. It added another layer of proof against Bong Gu and Choi Young Shin.

Especially how the media was twisting the happy coincidence of Chi Kook awakening at this moment to the fact that most of OZ was arrested. They made it seem like they had been trying to keep Chi Kook unconscious on purpose.

"I think we can finally get out of here." Yo Han said and Ba Reum nodded happily, swallowing the lump in his throat. All the stress and running around from the past few months started to crash down a bit, but he held it together.

Ba Reum and Yo Han packed their belongings, Ba Reum carefully putting Nami, Heodang and Choding in a cardboard box in the card, making sure they were comfortable for the journey. The small kittens had gotten a bit bigger, but were still vulnerable.

"Hong Ju should be home about now. We can stay there a couple of days before we announce that we are alive." Yo Han said and they drove off, trying not to speed in eagerness to see the love of his life again.

"At least we'll have plumbing." Ba Reum said jokingly. Now that the moment was there, he was actually feeling a bit nervous. He knew that it wasn't going to be as simple to come back from being believed dead.

He had called Bong Yi right before they left to tell her what was going to happen.

"If you are willing, I mean, if you want to, can you come over there?" Ba Reum said hesitantly. He wasn't sure if she was still willing to keep in touch with him. Who knew what happened, perhaps she had a boyfriend now or she had just completely moved on with her life, "I mean, there are just some things I want to tell you in person."

He could see Yo Han packing their bags in the car, trying his best not to listen to the conversation and then making kissing faces at Ba Reum, who flushed.

"I'll come over oppa." Bong Yi said, and Ba Reum couldn't read her mood from over the phone. He swallowed nervously.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it. Thank you." He said.

The whole ride towards Hong Ju, Ba Reum kept on replaying the call in his head. He wasn't sure how he felt about it. On the one side, if Bong Yi was happy without him in her life, he knew he would let her go. On the other hand, he really liked her and he would regret letting her go for the rest of his life.

"Don't worry about it yet. Let's first find out what happened in her life." Yo Han said when he saw Ba Reum's worried face.

"Easy for you to say. Your wife is waiting at home for you." Ba Reum grumbled, making Yo Han laugh.

"Yes, yes she is." He said happily, "but you can just think back to that kiss, on that dark night, in the reed fields." Yo Han teased, making Ba Reum blush again.

Hong Ju opened the door as soon as they had parked the car, obviously having been waiting for them. The two men made their way inside quickly, still not wanted to be seen by curious neighbours.