𝟶𝟷𝟿. 𝙱𝚁𝙰𝚇𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙺𝚂

GLEE — FUNK

she woke with a gasp of pain. leaning up on the bed, robyn grabbed her stomach before cursing silently to herself. 'braxton fucking hicks,' robyn thought as she soothed her stomach from the crampy feeling coursing throughout it. she sucked in air, shaking finn awake but he rolled over with a groan of detest. rolling her eyes, robyn began to shake him again before he snapped his eyes open.

   "what?" he asked, his sleepy voice strong within her tone. robyn sighed before turning on the lamp beside them. "braxton hicks," robyn told him, holding onto her stomach. this pain was surely going to be worse during labour, and it was unbearable now. she was ten months now, her baby was late by a month. though, it was normal, it was a pain.

   "is that a name for the baby or—" finn trailed off his words before robyn eyed him. "no. it's like fake labour pains your body does before giving birth, to prepare you or something, i don't really listen to that stuff," robyn announced before finn nodded his head, eyeing as she started to crawl out of the bed sheets.

   robyn stood in the middle of the room. "this is a bitch," robyn told finn. "i blame you," she joked before feeling the pain begin to ware away. finn placed his arms up for protection and defence, "takes two to tango." robyn hated that saying — it was all she heard from finn's supportive mom, she mostly used it as a joke against the two.

   "i think it's all the stress from everything causing this: jesse leaving us, sue trying to take the choir room. just relax," he told her before leaning down into the covers a bit more, his snores echoing into the room. robyn looked down at him with a scowl before hitting him with the pillow. "oh, no. we are in this together, if i'm up for this pregnancy, so are you," robyn pointed at him.

   finn rolled his eyes. though he agreed, he didn't want to argue with her on this. smiling, she placed herself beside him.

   "yesterday — puck and quinn spoke about being their for the labour. will i be there for his birth?" asked finn as he squinted his eyes from the light of the lamp, facing robyn. "because i could give birth any minute, i think it's right we talk about this," robyn sighed. the pregnancy was the main cause of their conversations, and actions.

    "yes, you can be there. he is your child too," robyn said before sitting back up. this was weird. it was an close chat to the situation, and it kind of freaked robyn. "his name, what would you like to call him? i kind of had a thought in mind," finn said, robyn looked over at him with dead-eyes. "if—if you want to name him! no pressure," he laughed awkwardly after his sentence.

   "i'm still not sure. being pregnant is distracting and exhausting enough. having a complete baby, a newborn, will be even more," robyn told him, finn looked over at her with furrowed brows. he didn't have a clue on how much this pregnancy affected her, and with the dim lights of the lamp, he noticed the perfect imperfections on her skin: a few pimples, chapped lips, eye-bags.