Possessed

Chapter Seventeen: Possessed

June POV

"You're WHAT?!?" Peter cried.

"Demon possessed. But it's okay...I mean, no it's not...er...I...headache..." I grasped my forehead.

"Well, you have all the symptoms," Peter said in his best doctor voice. "Confusion...liking of demons...excessive cutting yourself...young lady, I say your possessed! Congratulations! You won a trip to hell !!!"

I punched him in the shoulder. "Pet-ah!! I'm being serious!!!"

He shrugged. "In a way, so am I. I don't want to hurt you, but Liz is right."

I took his arm and slung him across the alley. I stared at my hands in horror, was I that strong or that monstrous? I suddenly felt like Jasper when he made Peter unconscious the other day.

I...I...was becoming a demon.

I shook my head, then ran off back to my house. I burst through the doors and racked the fridge for a Mountain Dew. I gulped three down in three sips. I'd always loved the soda, but I'd never done that before. Also...I'd gotten home quicker than Peter's car. Now that I thought about it, I'd run beside it, then outran it. I hadn't considered it then, but now...

I approached Liz, who was angrily plotting on the couch. How do I know she's plotting? Something was wrong with me, and it was creeping up on me fast. Death? Hell? Demons breaking loose from hell? I had no idea, but I had to stop it, and I knew I couldn't without Liz's help...she was the only strong human left.

"I'm sorry, Liz," I huffed. "You're right...I'm wrong...The demon...Demons...I think it's not just Jasper...I'm not even in control of myself anymore. I hurt Peter, then outran his car."

Her eyes widened. She jumped up from the couch wrapped her arms around me, and said, "We don't have time for 'I told you so'. Let's go kick some demon butt."

I smiled, and knew that despite the living hell I'd been putting her through lately, she was on my side now. 

***

Peter POV

"Alright, for Ember..." Liz handed her a jagged blade. Ember's eyes widened. "It'll get easier...but you might want to hide behind me."

Ember nodded sheepishly and grabbed my arm for protection.

"For Peter..." she handed me what appeared to be a shotgun. "No, it's not a gun," she answered my unspoken thought. "Well, not any gun. I got it from Rex. He said it is specialized for demons, but he invented it himself...so I don't know how good it'll be. He made it from things he got from the graveyard and some holy water--only God knows where he got that! It was my idea, and the reason why we were there." She glanced at June. "And to prove that Jasper was a demon,"

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because I've got a lot of demon-fighting gear lying around."

I stuck my tongue out at her, and she returned the gesture.

"For June...here." She handed her a blade almost identical to Ember's except smaller and more straight. It looked like it would get more of a direct hit. I knew why. June would be facing Jasper himself, and Liz was fully aware of that. "Also..." she handed her the rose that she'd tried to dispose of so many times. June beamed, they hugged, and we split up. Liz went around back of the house, where Jasper would sometimes get Ella to give June a message. Luckily, it was still Saturday and my parents and youngest sister were gone.

June went straight to her room, where Jasper would most likely go. Ember tried to go with her, but June insisted she face him alone, so Ember and I went to the kitchen.