Trick or Treat

(Special Halloween Chapter! Boo!)
-------

I get back to the house carrying bundles of plastic bags in both hands. Kafei and Teli are sitting on the couch and Revali is probably in his room. Mipha told me they haven't had their date yet due to finals but Revali invited her to our Halloween party tomorrow in hopes to make it their first date. I highly doubt she'll come, considering that she doesn't like parties.

"Were you able to get everything for the party?" Kafei asks me, putting down a scissor and paper. Looks like he's crafting.

I look into the bag and nod. "Candy, soda, balloons, fake cobwebs, fake spiders, bats--"

"Fake bats, I hope," he interrupts with a chuckle.

"Fake...bats?" I tilt my head. "Then what am I going to the pet store for?" We both laugh.

"Can you go get Revali and Link?" he requests. "Time for Secret Monster!"

"What is that?" I want to know, putting the bags down.

"You'll see," he grins.

"Okay," I shrug and head upstairs. I knock at Revali's door first. No answer. As expected. He always does this and it never works.

"I know you're in there," I roll my eyes at his door and knock again. "Kafei and Teli want us all downstairs."

Nothing.

"Hello?" I chant. "I will open this door myself if you don't."

"It's locked. Go away," Revali barks.

My hand twists the door knob and pushes the door open. "Liar."

"What do you want?" he scoffs, lying on his bed and throwing darts at the ceiling.

"Can you please come downstairs?"

"Nope." He throws another dart.

I turn on the lights and leave his room to go get Link.

"Turn the lights off! And shut the door!" he shouts.

"Nope," I giggle and enter Link's room.

Link is doing push ups on the floor. He's shirtless but I've gotten used to that after living with a bunch of guys for a month. My eyes inspect his legs. He's only using his right leg, but I'm still not a fan of him working out while he's injured.

"I'm back," I say, putting my keys and phone down.

"You were gone for a while," he pants, continuing his work out.

"I couldn't get everything at one store so I had to drive across town."

Link finishes his last push up and sits down on the floor. He picks up the t-shirt lying on the floor, not to get dressed, but to dry his forehead and chest with it. A smile plays on his lips when he looks up at me.

"Come here," he opens his arms.

"You're sweaty."

"So?"

"So go take a shower first," I laugh.

"Since when do you care?"

"Since the first time I saw you," I giggle and squat down to hug his glistering body. "Kafei wants us downstairs for some monster meeting."

"Oh no," Link throws his head back. "I'm not doing that this year. Let's just stay up here and hope they forget about us," he snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.

"That would be rude."

"They'll get over it."

"Come on, they are our family," I tease, playing with his hair.