Bittersweet

(Hey guys! I'm posting an early chapter this week! Why? Because you guys are getting a BONUS CHAPTER tomorrow! As a little Christmas gift ;)

-----

"Got everything?" Link asks, picking up my bag.

"I think so." I can't believe I'm leaving the frat house. Despite the moldy fridge and paper-thin walls, my heart has grown accustomed to this house. It became, and continues to be, my home.

"If you left anything, you'll just have to come back to get it I guess," Link shrugs at me with a smirk.

"I'll come back either way," I promise him. I am already dreading the nights without him. Having him stay over at my house is an option I would rather avoid, so what else is there than to spend some nights at the frat house? Coming back here is a given.

Link's smile looks forced. It probably is. Even if he hadn't held me all night as if it was the last time, I could still see it in his eyes. He is kindly hiding it with a smile, but I am fully aware that he doesn't want me to move back in with Father. He is still supportive and helped me pack my bags last night. One of the many reasons I love him.

"Can you come back tonight?" He asks in the sweetest tone.

"Tonight? To spend the night?" He nods. "Link," I cup his cheek and hold his gaze. "You'll manage a week without me."

"A week?" He gasps.

"A few days then? I could stay Wednesday night?"

"Kinda sucks that the best days for a sleepover would be on the weekend but that's when we have parties. Sure I can't just stay at your place?"

"Father doesn't fancy that idea."

"You've talked to him about it?" Link asks surprised.

"I didn't have to. I know how he thinks about boys." Boyfriends, to be precise.

"Maybe we should just get our own apartment," he kisses my cheek and takes the bag to the driveway.

I remain standing by the door for a couple of seconds, frozen, as his words echo through my head. I know he is joking, but once we are in a serious relationship would it be impulsive to consider moving in together? Our own place, I daydream. I can already imagine what the living room would look like. I would have a large bookshelf filled with my favorite novels and Link could have his jerseys framed and hung on the walls. Large windows facing west, so that we can watch the sunset over the ocean, and the kitchen would be big enough for Link to experiment with all kinds of cooking techniques. A clean bathroom, a large bed, and–

"Earth to Zelda," Kafei snaps his finger in front of my eyes, popping that beautiful bubble.

"Sorry, what?" I look up at him and he laughs.

"I asked if you need any more help packing."

"Oh, no thank you. The car is packed and ready to go. I'm just going to grab my phone from the charger and then I will be on my way."

"We'll miss you."

"You'll miss the regular refill of your fridge," I chuckle.

"That too," he joins my laughter.

Revali has returned from his run. Drenched in sweat he walks up to the porch and passes us on his way inside. He stops when he spots the backpack on my shoulders. "Are you going somewhere?" He asks just as Link joins us.

"I'm moving out, I told you last night."

"Oh. I wasn't really listening," he claims. I know he was, he just wants to act like he doesn't care.