Kass

"So?" the echo of a voice travels past my thoughts.

Link is meeting Mipha at the pool to tell her about us... I knew it was going to happen soon but I'm not prepared at all. I didn't see Mipha today, I don't know how she's feeling today or if she talked to Link during biology. Did he mention it to her then? Does she know what he is going to tell her or will it come as a surprise?

"Earth to Zelda," Pik waves his hand in front of my eyes.

"Huh?" I look at him.

"Are you good to go?"

"Go?"

"To my gig?"

"Oh."

"What's wrong?"

"Er, nothing, sorry," I put my phone away.

"You still do that thing with your eyes when you lie," he smirks.

"Everything is fine, really," I smile up at him and get up to leave. "Let's go to the mall."

His smirk grows into a vast grin and he picks up my bookbag, insisting on carrying it for me. By the time we get to the mall it's already dark out and the whole place is lit by cute old-fashioned street lights and endless strings of light that hang over our heads like a ceiling. Sometimes places feel so differently at night; the mall, the pier, the campus...

Pik stops next to some palm trees and benches. There is a big fountain nearby and you can see part of the beach from here. This is the heart of the mall; the busiest part of it all. I wonder how much further we have to walk and why he wanted to park at the mall instead of just driving to the place where he is going to perform.

"Where is the gig?" I want to know.

"Right here," he smiles and tucks his phone between ear and shoulder while he takes his guitar case off to place it on one of the benches. He removes his guitar and starts tuning it. I'm confused. We are at the center of the mall, I don't see a bar or place to perform?

"Hey," he says into his phone, "yes, we're here.......... No rush, we just got here ........ Okay, do you need any help?........ Okay....... Okay, see you in a bit."

He hangs up and smiles at the scenery around us.

"It's really pretty here at night," he says to me.

"Er, Pik? Care to elucidate?"

"You'll see."

"You sound just like Impa. Just tell me where we're going. And who was that on the phone?"

"I'll take that as a compliment; Impa is awesome."

"Pik. I don't like being left in the unknown."

"I already told you; this is where the gig is. And the person on the phone was Kass. He's helping me out today. He won't stay, he's just dropping something off."

"Kass..." that name rings a bell... "From your choir? The one you taught?"

"You have a great memory," he praises.

"If he's not staying, does that mean you'll be performing alone today?"

"I'd need a crystal ball to tell you about the things that haven't happened yet."

I roll my eyes at him and sigh. "Do you intend on playing alone today?"

"Hm..." he ponders. "Not really. Playing alone is not half as fun as playing with others."

"You know what I mean! Is your band coming? And don't tell me you don't know!"

"They're not coming."