A token of his concern..

Ding dong!

The bell rang at the Lakshminathan's. Deepa ma and some of the servants were getting lunch ready as it was nearly lunch time. Hearing the bell ring, Deepa ma stopped stirring the sambar and wiped her face with the end of her saree pallu.

Deepa ma: Neelu ma, intha sambara konjam rasam aagama paathukonga, naan yaarunu paathutu vandaren...

(Neelu ma, short form for Neelaveni. one of the ammas working there)

Neelu ma: Kindal panaathinga ma, naan paathukaren, poitu vaanga..

Deepa ma smiled as she passed Neelu ma a nod and walked out of the kitchen. Deepa ma walked to the door and opened the door that wasn't completely locked as it was daytime.

Ashwin: Hii mummyy!!

Deepa ma's eyes widened and her mouth opened startled at the presence. She rubbed her eyes constantly to see if her beloved son that has astonishingly payed a visit would disappear into thin air.

Ashwin: Mummy, yenna mummy nee, un pulla aasaiya ododi vandhuruken, ippdi vasalaye nikka vechuruka?

Deepa ma: Dei nejamalume neeya da?

Ashwin: Naan, naan thaan, yen?

Deepa ma: Nee yen pulla ya da?

Ashwin: Hmkoom.. yellathayum latea ve pannu! Ithellam nee pala varshathuku munnadiye panna vendiyathu, miss pannita. I think antha nurse unna yemathita!

Deepa ma: Aama, aama, antha hopsital pinnadi oru kaadu iruthuch le? Angernthu oru korangu kootathu kitterndhu thookitu vandhurupa! Dha chii, ulla va!

Ashwin: Kurumbeyy..!

Ashwin pinched Deepa ma's cheeks and jogged in cheekily. The sight in front of him made him question quite a few of his life decisions. His left arm automatically travelled to his hip and his right hand to his mouth. He stood in the place in utter shock.

Sivaangi was sitting on the couch hugging her knees tightly with her left arm and was biting her nails on her right hand. She looked extensively anxious and was rocking herself. Deeksha was next to her looking fairly nervous too cracking and squeezing her knuckles.

While their state would worry anyone, Ashwin was on the verge of laughter. On the TV was commencing a cartoon show "Oggy and the cockroaches" (Authoreyyy's fav bhaa!). It was a crucial moment in the show. Oggy was looking for the three cockroaches who once again cooked up some trouble. Will he find them?

Sivaangi: Heyyy, kandupiduchiruvana yenna?

Deeksha: Athellam illa di, nee kavala padatha, kandu pidika maatan!

Sivaangi: Hmm.. haiyoooo, yenna nadaka pogutho?

And... Oggy found the cockroaches and started chasing them. Sivaangi's face fell and was on the verge of tears. She looked down not wanting to look at the TV screen.

Deeksha: Aiii! Seekiram anga paaren!

Sivaangi quickly looked up only to see that the three naughty cockroaches had set a bomb on the staircase where Oggy was just about to run up. The bomb blasted and Oggy's face was glued to the screen, the cockroaches took advantage of the situation leaving Oggy and the audience alone escaping the red spatula.

Sivaangi and Deeksha: Aiiiiiii!

Sivaangi: Podra vediya!

Sivaangi and Deeksha started dancing in the middle of the hall screaming the victory of the cockroaches.

Ashwin: Ada cheii niruthunga!!

Sivaangi and Deeksha stopped hearing a very irritating whiny voice yell at them. They turned to see a cell phone tower continuously shooting glares at them. While one of the girls' eyes widened, one just stared at him not having a clue about what was going on.