Chapter 18

To say Graham was in deep shit was an understatement. If he was serious, I was going to kill him. How dare he make a decision like that, which involves both of us, on a very personal level, without my input at all? Did he think I would agree because I hadn’t pursued him lately? I had been on my period a few days ago and we were always working! Didn’t he think my opinion mattered at all? It was about us mating! Did he just see me as a little kid? Why was seventeen, ten months, and two weeks such a bigger deal than eighteen? He was only twenty-four, that is not a hug age gape, and we are mates for crying out loud!

            And if he wasn’t serious and just trying to make face for my brother, I’d kill him. Come on Derek practically forced me back to Graham when he didn’t even know who he was! What did he expect me to do with my mate! Either way that man was dead.

            I let out a frustrated scream and broke the dish I had been cleaning when I threw it into the sick. The release of force made me feel a lot better. Although it was childish and I would have to clean it up, I was tempted to grab another when Valentine grabbed my hand.

            “He shouldn’t have made a decision like that without telling you.”

            My sharp angry voice contradicted her ever smooth and calm demeanor, “He shouldn’t have made the decision at all! Damn it Valentine, why doesn’t he want me?” The break in my voice revealed how I felt inside, it wasn’t peachy.

            “Come on, let’s go for a run.”

            Graham wouldn’t like it that I left without letting him know where I went and without any direction. It was perfect. I grabbed her hand and ran out the front door, avoiding everyone who was still in the backyard. We discarded our clothes and shifted. I had memorized the territory by the end of my second run.

            Graham was feverishly trying to mind link but I blocked him out. The others were trying to contact me too but I just ignored them. Finally Valentine stopped running. Derek had probably told her to come back. We went back to our clothes and changed before returning to the house.

            I showed everyone to their guest rooms. After I did so I went straight to my room. I went to the closet and started to change when I heard Graham enter the bedroom.

            “What was all that about?” Wow, shouldn’t I be asking him that? Instead I ignore him which causes him to let out a low growl. “Is a few more weeks really a big deal?”

            “I don’t know Alpha! Apparently to you it is! What I don’t seem to understand is why you are so against us mating!” My sarcastic use of his title wasn’t helping me but I liked how it made him madder, maybe he would get to feel as frustrated as I do.

            “Damn it Ariabella do you have any idea how hard it is to resist you? You’re a freaking goddess! You’re crazy if you don’t think I don’t want to fuck you every chance I get. I want you in every way possible. But Derek and Damien did bring up a good point. You are a few years younger than me and I want you to be ready.”

            Graham had his arms wrapped around my waist as he pressed into my back. I was not happy with his decision but I understood it. But I was determined to make it impossible for him to wait for me. A devious idea popped into my head, here I come Graham.

            I was up early the next morning. Showered and dressed even before Graham woke up. I went to the kitchen and made a feast. There was a large abundance of fruit, eggs, waffles, and of course bacon. Everyone eventually filled down and inhaled the food. I decided to let the girls in on my plan. I mind linked Alethia and Cat to meet us while Valentine got ready. Zane had gone back to bed and Damien was pouting so we didn’t see them before we left. Graham had been hesitant to let me leave but with Valentine and Alethia coming he let me.