Chapter 28

"Are you nervous?" Graham asked as he worked his hands against my tense shoulder muscles.

I leaned back into his chest a she leaned against the headboard of our bed. Tomorrow was the Gala, and the assassination and honestly I was nervous, I was a huge bundle of nerves. But the more Graham worked at he my knotted muscles and touched my skin the more relaxed I begame. I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips.

Graham chuckled, "Well that didn't sound nervous."

I would have blushed but I honestly couldn't care less, I was enjoying my moments in complete bliss. That was until his lips started grazing across my shoulder and I released another moan. One of his hands held my neck as he kissed it while his other traveled down to my bare thighs making my breath catch. His tongue teased my mark and I couldn't take it anymore. I turned my body so I was facing him and sitting in between his legs. We kissed slowly, just enjoying each others taste. When I began to undo the drawstrings on his sweatpants he stopped me.

"No it's okay. Let me take care of you. Just relax and let me make you feel good."

I agree and he does exactly what he promised. Our long, enduring love session finished with a cool down in the shower. Wrapped in a silky fuchsia robe Graham carries me back to bed. Thoroughly loved and tired I sprawled across the cool sheets that smelled like my mate.

"Are you done smelling my sheets so I can lay down?" Graham watched me with an amused gaze.

I looked up at him with a sleepy smile and rolled over as he could join me. Once he laid down I crawled over to cuddle with him. He pulled me closer and held me until I drifted off to sleep. I guess his plans to wear me out worked pretty well, mission accomplished Graham.

Graham let me sleep in the next morning. And instead of leaving to start preparing for today he stayed in bed with me, watching television quietly. Upon Valentine's assistance she made us all breakfast while I still slept. She even brought us up a tray to have breakfast in bed. Derek decided to pretend I was just very sleepy from staying up all night worried. Worried and doing nothing but sitting with Graham as both of us kept our hands to ourselves. Good coping for my brother.

I was extremely thankful for sound proof walls. But I'm assuming they all knew anyways, but it was better to assume then hear the details. The knock on the door awoke me enough to become aware but keep my eyes closed. I heard the funny exchange between Valentine and Graham before he came back to bed.

"What time is it?"

"Time for you to eat this delicious breakfast in bed."

I sat up and readjusted my robe just in time for Gramam to put the tray of food down in between us before joining me on the bed. We munched on the food happily while talking. It was almost enough to make me forget about the Gala. But this was no normal day.

When we finished, it was time for Graham to go, me as well. Graham dressed in a casual work out clothes to go work on his pack duties before getting ready. I threw on some shorts and a cut off tank before hurrying to check on the final preparations.

The decorations were all in place, most of the Alpha's had arrived within the last few days and were preparing themselves. There was an anxious electricity that ran through the air it left my wolf on edge. Only a few hours. After all of my run through checks I left my wolf out on a run before I reported to Cat's mother.

The other girls had already gotten their nails done and had their make up painted. Cats mother refined all of my spa needs before sending me off. I hurried back to my room before taking a long shower to prepare. Valentine came into my room soon after.

"This is weird isn't it?"

"Yeah extremly, it's like I'm getting married but instead of professing my love I'm about to kills a monster." Valentine laughed.

"Oh sweetie, when you get married, it will be nothing like this, it will be all good things."

She began to prepare my hair to style it after sitting me down on the stool in front of the bathroom mirror. "Do you think Graham would want to marry me?"

"Of course he would! you're his mate after all why wouldn't he?"

"I don't know, he probably thinks being mates is all we need I mean I'm fine with it, I've always wanted my mate and it is incredible. I still just wish that in a few years down the line something like that could have happened. I don't know it's stupid."

Valentine brushed my hair off my shoulder and rested her chin there as we made eye contact in the mirror. "I know all you ever wanted was a normal life, to settle down with your mate and have some stability. Being mated to an Alpha won't ever be boring, I can guarantee you that, but I promise things will calm down soon."

She began to style my hair and I laughed, "You're probably right, besides, I have more important things to be worried about right now. Like betting pretty for this fabulous party and to murder my uncle."

"Oh Belli, you're going to look gorgeous."

"Well, I do have to be dressed to kill."

We both laugh trying to ease the impending night and the nervousness that had begun to suffocate me. She finished my hair until it was stacked on top of my head in a series of intricate tiny copper braids that looped around the build up of hair of my up do. A small portion of my side bangs swept across my face and were finished in a perfect trindl curl at the very end. After applying make up that highlighted my natural features I leaned back, I did look gorgeous. Now all I needed was my dress.

I strapped on all of my weapon holsters. I had one one each thigh, as small handgun on each side. I stepped into the royal blue ballgown I had gotten with Graham when I first came here. Valentine laced up the corset back and I fit the small sheathed dagger in between my already large breasts that were now nearly pushed up to my ears. After I slipped on my heels I stood in front of my full length mirror.

"My drop dead gorgeous little sister who's just plain drop dead deadly." Valentine joked behind me and slipped my locked onto my collarbone. "They would be proud of you. Not for what you're doing, but the woman you've become."

"Come On ladies, it's time." Derek called from the doorway with Graham.

I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes and grasped my locket. Graham came up behind me and lead me by my waist. We got into Graham's car to avoid walking in our attire. Derek and Valentine entered before us as we waited. I looked over at Graham, he was drool worthy in his three piece tux. His shaggy hair was slicked back and his green eyes gleamed like gems. His strong aura of strength and confidence game me power. Together, we could do anything.

"Ready Alpha Graham?"

"Ready Luna Arie."