chapter 13 the den

The wolf looked at me with saphire eyes that pierced into my soul. I saw it was female and nonthreatening. Still keeping my guard up the wolf approached me. Her fur was silvery with black outlining her eyes, paws and tip of her tail. When she came as close as she dared she bowed her large head.

"What?" I said shocked by the k9. She was asking permission to come closer. I nodded shakily.

The wolf then came and rested herself on my lap. Whimpering in an attept to calm my sadness. She was large and wild. But tame around me.

"Why are you here? Why did you approach me?" I asked her.

The wolf then got up and nudged my side saying she wanted me to stand up. I did and followed her for about half an hour to a cave. We stopped before entering, she sounded a light howl, followed by many. Is this a trap? I thought as we continued. When I set foot into the cave I saw about 14 wolves in two lines at the walls of the cave.

This is the same pack that snuck up on the team 4 years ago! I realized. I didn't know how but I knew something was familiar about the wolves.

When I reached the end of the cave with the wolf as a guide she presented me to a seal.

"Step on the seal elizabeth." Said the wolf. Her voice was deep, majestic even.

"You just spoke?!" I said.

"Step on the seal. Everything shall be explained soon." The wolf said.

"How do I know your not going to tear me to shreds?" I asked her.

"Because you are my master and I will not let my pack kill you." She answered. "Now step on the seal please."

Surprised by the wolfs words I stepped on the seal. Suddenly, terrifying images flooded into me all a blur. It had to do with the dragons rider and him wanting revenge upon me for sealing away his beast. When the images stopped I fell to the hard stone, breathing heavily.

"Come. We must go back to your village." The wolf said. "I shall explain what I can as we travel."

"Let me rest a moment..." I said to her. I suddenly realized I hadn't eaten in days.

The wolf then approached my collapsed body and nudged my shoulder. "You must leave the den. We may rest outside."

I nodded as I shakily got to my feet and limped outside. I fell to the grass soft under my feet.

"You haven't eaten in days." She said. She then went back into the cave and returned with a piece of meat. "Here."

"Thank you." I said as I sent white hot flames to it to cook to meat. When I was cooked I devoured it in minutes. Feeling much relieved I got to my feet again. "Do you have a name?"

"You may call me what you like." Said the wolf. I already knew the perfect name for her.

"Alvrea." I said with pride as we began walking.

"It is an honorable name. After the goddess of the sacred animals." She said happily. "Thank you."

"Your much welcomed." I replied. "Can others hear you?"

"Yes. I am a reincarnation of a spirit long forgotten with many abilities." She said.

"I take it that your ability to speak is one of them?"

"Correct."

"Kiba will be surprised." I said with a laugh. The rain had stopped.

"It is getting dark. We should rest for the night." Alvrea said. Her voice deep.