chapter 22

(Hey guys I've been thinking about something, I wrote like 5 little things called "barren wasteland" where this random guy has died and goes on a tough journey to hell. Its got wolves and angels and really depressing seneary. Also I've been thinking about making a fanfic describing the 3 years I spent with oruchimaru. Well, comment what ya think. See ya!)

Over to kabuto. For the whole chapter!

Half a month went by but elizabeth, alvrea and kabuto found nothing. No clues, nothing. Only troublesome cold.

But one thing kabuto hated was that he had to sleep close to elizabeth to survive. They were used to it but kabuto was still uncomfortable. 3 times because of manipulation he woke up with his arm draped over elizabeth and his body too close to hers. And that annoyed him. But the most annoying thing was what that damn wolf said!

"I know your strong feelings..." She had said.

God damn it! I can't even think straight! Kabuto thought while everyone was taking a break. He had to sit close to elizabeth for warmth from the cold, which in turn annoyed him.

"Here." Elizabeth said giving him some cooked food.

"Thanks." Kabuto said taking the plate. He ate the food, which was annoyingly delicious, silently and gave back the plate.

Then a weird flashback came to him:

Flashback

On a hot summer day at the southern hideout Karin was being her annoying self and pleading elizabeth for pictures of sasuke.

"Please please please could you draw me another picture?" Karin whinned.

"No! I told you already and I'll not say it again!" Elizabeth said sternly.

"Here." Kabito had said pulling elizabeth aside while karin wasn't looking. He pulled her to a dark corner and waited for karin to leave.

"Why would you do that?" Elizabeth asked.

"Her voice echoes." Kabuto said.

No one was sure how but while walking away elizabeth had tripped and fell on top of kabuto. Her head laid over his chest, while getting up she froze in surprise. Looming over him, their faces only inches apart. But then the worst happened, thanks to the earlier training with oruchimaru her arms were weak and they gave way. Making her fall again, but kabuto was quick and grabbed her waist to hold her up. And silence crept into the halls around them for several long minutes as they stayed on this position, frozen in surprise.

End of flashback

How in the world did she trip? Kabuto asked himself. Then the flashback of that day came to him.

Next flashback

Kabuto was permitted to try and gain any useful information from elizabeth at any means necessary. So it accured to him that if he were to seem weak she'd pity him and tell him stuff. So he decided that while on a mission or something he'd test this theory.

Faking his tears and dragging her to a sitting position he fake cried on her shoulder, which now that he remembered was annoyingly comfortable. Kabuto kept this up for a while but elizabeth did nothing. She only let him fake his tears.

End of flashback

Man what the hell! I can't be thinking like this. Its illogical and unreasonable!

"Come on. We need to keep moving." Elizabeth said breaking him away from his thoughts. "It'll be dark soon."

"Right." Kabuto said. And everyone began walking.

That night was terrible. Thanks to the cold, only getting colder, elizabeth had pressed herself against kabuto. Resting her head on his shoulder kabuto couldn't help but stare at her sleeping face. Her semi-pale skin literally shimmering in the bright moonlight.

Kabuto hated it. He hated that his mind saw this. He wanted to hate everything about her. He hated she was easy to talk to, he hated she knew him, but most of all.

He hated that he loved her for it.