chapter 21

Still me

While walking with kabuto and alvrea it was only getting colder. The white hot flame I kept floating near us kept the cold at bay.

"Its oddly cold isn't it." I said looking at the white clouds above our heads.

Kabuto looked up as well. "Yes, it is slightly unusual." He stated.

"Well, we aren't dying. Can't exactly complain."

"Not dying yet." Kabuto corrected.

"Yeah." I said in a serious tone. "I know."

We then reached the town in a few more hours. We checked out a room and then went right into the massive library.

"Welcome back Elizabeth." The librarian said. "You put on quite the show in your last visit."

"Sorry if we disturbed your establishment. May you lead us to the medical jutsu section?" I said to her.

"Of course. Right this way." She said with a goofy grin. "Who's this fellow and your wolf?"

"This is kabuto. The wolf is alvrea." I said formally as we were led into various tunnels.

"Ah I see." She said. After a few more minutes of talking she stopped. "To your left is past medical jutsu and techniques, and to your right are the most recent ones." She said.

"About where would documents from about 20 or so years be?" I asked.

"A little ways down that way." She pointed to our left. "Everything is labled by decade and separated by large beams. Are you looking for anything specific?"

"Yes." I answered. "We need to know anything we can about these marks." I said showing my mark. Kabuto showed his.

"Oh I saw that drawn somewhere." The libraryian said in awe. "Follow me."

She then led us to a very different section on sealing and other jutsus.

"Where exactly did you see it?" I asked.

"I always admired the ninja ways, but am unable to train. So I instead became the librarian and studied different jutus to help traveling ninja." She explained fingering shelves looking g for a certain schroll or book. "I've read most of the books in this library, mainly ninja hanbooks but I've memorized each section and know every inch."

She then continued muttering and then pulled out a scroll and carefully unrolled it. "Aha! Here you go dear." She said showing me the drawn symbol.

"Thank you."

"I'll leave you." She said and left.

I skimmed and scanned the scroll. Overall it mainly explained about it. The process of receiving it was quick, only takes about 3 minutes and any other person must get the mark at the same time for the manipulation to take effect properly. The poison takes effect when the mark has done its job. Given that kabuto and I are already amune to some poisons and have good health for us instead of 3 months we have about 6 to 7 months before it'll spread.

"Well that's good news." Kabuto said looking over my shoulder to read the scroll.

"It is." I said quietly. I then kept reading as I'd gotten to the part I needed to be at.

It said that the only way for the seal to be broken is the person or persons would need to release the jutsu or die. Or the mark and about 1 inch of any skin around it would need to be cut off and the mark removed completely.

"That's a tough proceedure." I remarked. "And given its place on my arm..........one wrong move and I'm done for."

"Yeah, same for me, if one wrong vein is hit on my hand I'm as good as dead." Kabuto stated.