chapter 18

I walked around the house to the front, wiping my tears as I went. When I reached the front of the house kabuto was leaning against the wall while alvrea sat diagonally across from him.

"Said your good byes?" He asked. "They might be your last."

"Shut up. Let's just go." I said to him.

That night I couldn't sleep. I layed on my blanket and stared out to the trees. It got quiet, so quiet, I could hear the light breathing of kabuto laying about 6 feet away. Alvrea, her head gently against my arm, was breathing silently.

Why? Why did I have to go after oruchimaru? I wouldn't be in such a mess if I didn't. But I never would've gotten that dragon sealed without the curse mark or mongyekyo. I'd be dead quicker without doing that. I thought as I turned on my side.

"Therefore you'd be dead without me. I saved your ass." Oruchimaru sneered.

Shut up. If I die your dying with me. I said to him. Besides, without me how would you be entertained.

"You really are a bright shinobi. I'm glad I let you join me, even if it was false." Oruchimaru said.

I ignored him and turned on my other side trying to get comfortable. My eyes falling onto kabutos sleeping self about 6 feet away. For some reason I was relaxed and fell asleep.

Waking up I was still facing kabuto. Who was awake and watching me. We looked at each other in silence. He was sitting up with alvrea not far from him.

"Good your awake. We should get going." Kabuto said looking in the direction we were headed.

I nodded and sat up. "How long have you been up?" I asked him.

"A few hours. Your wolf here said to let you sleep." He replied.

"You haven't had enough sleep lately. So I told him it was best." Alvrea said walking over to me.

"Thanks, you could've woken me up though. The sooner we get to traveling the better." I said petting the wolfs neck. I then began packing my two blankets for a bed and got to my feet. "Let's go kabuto."

"About time." Kabuto said with his things mostly packed. He was just putting a kunai back into his weapons holder.

Still sleeps with a kunai next to him. He really hasn't changed much since I lived with him and oruchimaru for 3 years.