chapter 24

(For the record I've no clue how I wrote that without freaking out. I mean I just wrote my character being beaten almost to death. Lol see ya!)

Still sasuke

"K..kabu...." Elizabeth tried to say kabutos name but choaked out only half of it.

"I can't stay for long. I don't know how you got here, or I for that matter." Kabuto said kneeling beside elizabeth.

"Why did you come?"

"I heard the screams as well sasuke." Kabuto replied placing his hands over her waist. Green chakra emmitted from his hands and the swelling in her skin slowly went down.

Elizabeth's breaths were quick and painful as kabuto healed some of her wounds. Though it was dark and gloomy sasuke could see the pain of seeing her so wounded in his face.

"I can't stay. You'll live through the night." Kabuto said leaving the room.

My POV now

Some of the pain in my body subsided after kabuto left and I made my way closer to sasuke. I pressed myself against his chest like a toddler and shook wildly in fear. The stone beneath me was cold and damp.

A few hours later someone, a large ninja came in and hauled sasuke over his shoulder. We cried out to each other and sasuke tried to fight back but the other ninja was too strong. After the first left another came back in and chained me to the wall again. He punched my face and stomach hard causing me to scream. But my screams stopped as I was knocked out.

My dream

I was warm. Comfortable. Safe.

I opened my eyes to see an orange ceiling. But I soon realized I was in a candle lit room on a small bed.

"Your awake." Said a voice I knew all too well. "It about time."

"I....itachi?" I said startled.

"Yes. I need to speak with you on an urgent matter."

"But how do I know your not just an illusion from my mind?" I asked him.

"That I cannot explain for I don't have the time." He answered. He continued. "You'll be in that cell, for 3 months before your set free. You'll be beaten and torchured. But you will live."

"But how did I get there?"

"In the night, deidara and zetsu went to the hidden leaf village and captured you and sasuke. Their main target was you, and they got sasuke so he wouldn't be trouble." Itachi explained. "I am glad to see your alive."

"But clinging to life by a hanging thread." I said finishing his thought. I hugged my knees to my chest. "Sometimes I think I'm better off dead."

Itachi then came up to me and sat on the bed. "Your wrong." He said placing his hand on my shoulder. "Your better off alive. You mean so much to so many. People do love you, elizabeth."

"But I can't protect them....." I sobbed. "I'm not strong enough....."

"It doesn't matter how strong your jutsu or fighting style is." Itachi said. "What matters is how strong your will to protect them is, and even if you can't protect them, they know you tried your best."

I stopped crying. "Thank you, itachi." I said with a slight smile.

"Call me brother." He said, his image fading.

Waking up now

Tears fell down my bruised face as I woke up. Remembering itachi and the things he said to me.