insecurities (requested)

Hoyeon jumped as you suddenly appeared behind her, your arms wrapping around her neck.

She craned her neck to look back at you, her eyes big and her smile bright when she saw you standing there.

"Y/N!" She got up, throwing her arms around you for a hug. "What are you doing here, baby?"

"Figured I'd surprise you! You said I was welcome to come on set at any time so I figured today would be a great day to come and see you and watch squid game be filmed."

Her eyes lit up, sparkling so brightly as she kissed your cheek and sat back down.

"I'm happy you're here."

"I'm happy to be here." You smiled and she sent you one back before looking back at her co-stars as you sat down beside her.

Around the two of you sat Gong Yoo, Yoomi, Jung-Jae, and Hae-soo.

They were all talking, pulling your sweet girlfriend back into the conversation.

You felt a little excluded and wanted Hoyeon's attention a little, so you thought by scooting as close as you could to her and putting your head on her shoulder would get her to at least get her to give you a kiss or two.

But to your surprise, she didn't even look at you. She just carried on with her conversation with her friends, laughing along when they'd joke around a bit.

You felt left out, as if you don't fit in. As they all talk about their careers and the excitement they feel about squid game, how it's the best and most exciting thing any of them have ever done.

And as they went on and on, you felt insecure. You couldn't relate to any of them and the things they're talking about.

You're not famous. You're just a normal person with a normal job and a normal life.

Hearing them talk about things so unfamiliar and so different than things you'll ever experience made you feel like you stuck out, wondering if Hoyeon deserved someone that related to her life and career than you are.

You felt discouraged and hung your head, clearing your throat to get someone's attention.

When Yoomi looked at you, everyone else did too, including your girlfriend.

"I should get going."

Hoyeon frowned and put her arms around you to pull you back down as you stood up.

"What's wrong?" She whispered in your ear.

You sighed quietly and Hoyeon took your hand, getting up to take you by your hand to take you somewhere private.

"What's wrong, my love?"

"Nothing." You spoke quietly and Hoyeon shook her head, wordlessly telling you that she knew better. "I just don't feel like I fit in."

"What?" She frowned.

"I feel a little insecure, okay?" You sighed, almost ashamed over the words falling from your lips. "You're all so close, so... famous and I'm just so... normal."

"What is so wrong with that?" She asked, stroking your cheek.

"Baby, you're amazing just as you are. I love that you're not famous. I mean, I'd love you just the same if you were, of course. But I love that you're normal. I love that I can be myself around you. I love that you have normal friends and a normal job. It's so nice to have a sense of normalcy. There is nothing wrong with that."

"Really?"

"Really. Y/N, you love me for me and I love you for you. Every part of you. You're amazing, you're beautiful, you're so funny. You make me so happy and so loved. You're everything I've ever wanted; just as you are."

"I love you." You smiled and she kissed your lips, smiling against them.

"I love you too. So don't worry, don't feel insecure. All I want is you. Only you; forever and always."

"Okay." You smiled and kissed her once more, feeling so much better now.

"C'mon. Let's go back in with them. I'll pay lots of attention to you, introduce you to everyone, and you'll become friends with them all. I know they'll love you almost as much as I do."

You put your head on her shoulder and walked back there with her, excited to spend the day with her and everyone else there.