you think she's going to hit you (requested)

"Can we not do this? I had a long day, y/n." Hoyeon huffed as she stood across the kitchen, sipping on some water and occasionally rolling her eyes at you as she watched you glare at her.

"We need to talk about it, Hoyeon. If we don't now, when will we? Over the lunch date that you'll miss because you're too busy to remember it?" You asked and the frustration you felt was evident in your voice.

"It's not a huge deal. It was just one date."

"No, it was one date that we had scheduled for lunch. You've forgotten a couple of other dates before that we had planned for dinner and even one here at home that we planned for when you got off because you were supposed to come home early that night. It's not just one date, Hoyeon!"

She groaned and dropped her forehead onto the counter.

"And even if it was, don't you think I'm allowed to feel bummed about it nevertheless? Because I look forward to these things. We're always so busy."

"Look, what do you want me to say, y/n?" She snapped as she threw her hands in the air. "Want me to say that I'm sorry? Because you know me well enough to know that I am. I wouldn't do this to you on purpose. I just have so much going on and I'm-"

"So busy! Those are the next words you were going to say, right?"

She sighed heavily and stared down at the countertop.

"That's what you've said before when you forget things."

"Well, in my line of work, things can come up and you have no control over it!"

"I know that, Hoyeon!" You argued. "Babe, I understand that. You know I do. You know how supportive of you I am. You know I'm your biggest fan and supporter. But I just thought that, maybe, if you were to forget another date or things came up, you'd let me know so I don't sit all by myself in a restaurant with people staring over at me and wonder if and when you'll show up."

She turned away from you, unable to look you in the eyes as the guilt set in.

She knew you were right about that. She understood where you were coming from. But for some reason she couldn't seem to put her finger on, she couldn't bring herself to admit that.

"Hoyeon," You whispered softly as you walked around the counter to her side. "Baby, please listen to me and understand where I'm coming from."

She groaned and turned around with her jaw clenched and her hand raised a little and, for some reason, you thought of the worst and covered your face with your hands while you stepped away and trembled in fear.

Hoyeon furrowed her eyebrows at the sight as she brushed a lock of her hair behind her that was hanging in her face and tickling her skin.

"What, baby?" She asked and stared at you for a few seconds before it sank in. "No..." she gasped and walked to you, slowly.

You slowly pulled your hands away from your face to find her only a couple of steps away from you.

"Y/N?" She whispered, her eyes starting to sting with tears. "Did you think I was going to hit you?"

You stared at her for a second before nodding and lowering your head.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she took the last few steps to you before she was finally able to pull you into her arms.

"I wouldn't. I would never, ever do that to you. I couldn't ever hurt you, my love. Not ever." She said as a tear slipped down her cheek. "I wasn't mad at you when I turned around. I was just going to tease you and tell you how much I hate it when you're right. And as for raising my hand, there was just a strand of hair in my face that wouldn't stop tickling me. I wasn't going to hit you. I wasn't going to hurt you. Baby, I would never."

She let out a sigh of relief as you put your arms around her.

"I'm so sorry." She said. "I'm sorry for not showing up at our date. I'm sorry for forgetting. I'm sorry for fighting. I'm sorry for everything."

"I'm sorry, too. I should've been more understanding and heard you out more."

"Don't be sorry." She said as she pulled away, gently cupping your cheeks in her hands.

"Then you can't be sorry either. It was just a misunderstanding. I know you wouldn't ever hurt me like that."

"No, not ever!" She said as she brushed her thumb across your skin. "I love you too much."

"I love you, baby." You said as you put your forehead on hers.

"Let's go out now." She suggested, her eyes lighting up. "I'll make it up to you."

"Or, we could order takeout and cuddle on the sofa instead."

Her eyes sparkled and she quickly nodded.

"I like your idea better."

You giggled and pulled her in for a kiss, wiping away the tear that fell down her cheek.

"Don't cry. Everything's okay, babe."

"I know." She smiled as she kissed you again. "I love you, sweet girl; so very much."

"Love you." You said as you put your head on her chest, thankful that everything was better now.