𝙸. 𝙻𝚊𝚁𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚜

Graphic by love4keene 🥰

🪴

Violet Medina - LaRusso is the daughter of Louie LaRusso, Jr., who is the younger cousin of two-time All Valley karate champion and well known car salesman Daniel LaRusso.

Louie and Violet's mom, Alicia, were only together for two months when they found out Alicia was pregnant. He wanted her to get an abortion or adopt out since they were so young and not ready to be parents. Alicia refused because she's always wanted to be a mom, even though she didn't want or expect to be one so young.

After Alicia told Louie she was keeping the baby, he broke up with her because he still didn't want a baby. He didn't want to give up his partying lifestyle and be tied down to a girlfriend and a baby. But Louie's family, especially Daniel, his wife Amanda, and his mother Lucille supported Alicia throughout her pregnancy and always made sure she had what she needed.

Alicia and Amanda were actually pregnant at the same time, due one month apart. Alicia gave birth to Violet one month before Amanda gave birth to Samantha. Violet and Samantha have grown up more like sisters instead of cousins. Daniel and Amanda have always made sure Violet is included in their family activities, knowing that Louie most likely wouldn't do them with her. So when Daniel started teaching Samantha karate, he of course taught Violet too.

Louie didn't become interested in being a dad until Violet was around three years old. He saw Daniel taking over the role of Violet's father figure and started feeling left out. Eventually he and Alicia had to go to court over it because they couldn't come to an agreement themselves, even with Daniel and Amanda mediating.

In court Louie got put on Violet's birth certificate after a DNA test confirming he's the father and compromised with Alicia about her last name. Violet's last name used to be just Medina, which is Alicia's last name. Louie wanted to change it to LaRusso, but Alicia wouldn't go for it. So they had to meet in the middle and hyphenate their last names together.

As for custody, Louie was just granted supervised visits at first since Violet didn't know him well. It took two more years for him to be granted partial custody, where he got to start keeping Violet for a week at a time every other week, and that's what they've been doing ever since.

The first week he had her, Louie quickly realized that having a five year old daughter isn't just having fun and playing. When she was little and he got overwhelmed or didn't know what to do, he would just take her over to Daniel and Amanda's house to play with Sam and have them help him.

As for their relationship now, it changes. Even though he is older now, Louie still isn't the most mature or responsible. He makes a lot of bad decisions that affect Violet more than he realizes. When that happens, Violet goes through a period of annoyance, not hatred, for her father. But because she can't stay mad long, she always eventually forgives and forgets until it happens again.