𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚎

🪴

🪴

Violet is sitting at the backyard table of the LaRusso home, listening to Daniel catch his mom, Lucille, up on the events of Cobra Kai reopening as he and Louie grill dinner. Now even though Lucille is technically Violet's great-aunt, Violet has always called her grandma because she's always been a grandma to her.

"You know, it's bad enough this monster is teaching kids. Now he's somehow convinced the All Valley board to let Cobra Kai back into the tournament." Daniel says.

"Oh, that's horrible!" Lucille frowns. "They can't let them back! They're nothing but a bunch of bullies."

"They can't all be bullies, right?" Sam says.

Violet finds it funny that the daughter of Daniel LaRusso happens to be dating a boy training under Daniel's arch nemesis. But she also feels bad that Sam can't tell her dad about her boyfriend, knowing Daniel will freak out because he can't get over a petty rivalry.

"Trust me sweetheart, you don't know the half of it." Lucille starts. "Those cobra jerks made my little boy's life miserable. Tell them how they pushed you down that hill!"

"They've already heard it, ma." Daniel says.

"A million times." Violet mutters.

"I thought it was a cliff?" Anthony asks.

Daniel gives Anthony a look before turning back to the grill.

"You want pasta salad?" Amanda offers.

"Oh, no thank you. I don't like that prepackaged stuff from the store. It's..." Lucille shudders dramatically.

"I'll take some." Violet smiles.

"Oh, well I would've made some but I got home late from the dealership." Amanda explains.

"Oh no, that's okay." Lucille fake assures. "I get it. It's tough being a working mom, but at least you have a partner. Remember how I used to come home from work and then started cooking from scratch?"

Daniel sighs as he sits down, giving Amanda a tight-lipped smile. "Yeah, ma."

"And Alicia!" Lucille gestures to Violet. "She's a working single mom as well. But she mostly cooks from scratch, right Vivi?"

"Usually, but sometimes when she's tired or works late she uses prepackaged stuff or we order in." Violet shrugs as she finishes serving herself some potato salad. "It's not a big deal."