𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅. 𝙼𝚊𝚖𝚊 𝙸'𝚖 𝙸𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕

🪴

🪴

Violet's sitting on the cold metal jail chair, anxiously bouncing her leg as she waits for an officer to bring Robby into the visitation room. This is the first time Violet's been able to see Robby since he was arrested. She was afraid she wouldn't be able to since she's a minor who isn't family, but luckily Alicia willingly signed her permission.

The door opens, catching Violet's attention. She smiles when she sees the officer bringing Robby in, but it fades a little when she sees he has a black eye. But regardless, as soon as the officer lets Robby go, she embraces him.

"Hey! Stay on your side. No contact." the officer scolds.

"Oh. Sorry." Violet slowly lets go of him and moves back to her side of the table.

As soon as the two are seated, the guard moves over to the corner to give them a bit of privacy.

"Hi." Violet smiles softly. "I've missed seeing your face."

"I've missed yours too, believe me." Robby laughs shyly.

"What happened?" she asks, referencing the black eye.

Robby shakes his head. "Don't worry about it. I'm okay."

"Clearly you're not. How do you expect me not to worry about it when it's covering almost half of your pretty face?"

Robby looks down, and Violet realizes how she came across.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to lecture you." she immediately apologizes. "I'm just worried, that's all."

He sighs and looks up, but still isn't able to look her in the eye. "I don't want you to have to worry about me or defending me. I see how being associated with me has brought you down. I think-"

"No. Don't finish that sentence." Violet interrupts. "It's tough hearing everyone talk about us like they know us. But that's the thing, they don't know us. So really neither of us should care what they think."

"I already had a ruined reputation long before this even happened." he meets her eye finally. "But you don't. A good boyfriend doesn't bring you down, and I'm bringing you down without even trying."

"You're still young, Robby." Violet reaches across the table and grabs his hand, ignoring the glare of the officer. "You aren't even eighteen yet. There's still time to turn this around."

"Second warning for contact." the officer speaks loudly.

Violet pulls her hand back, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "I'm not giving up on you or us that easily. Okay?"