𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝙵𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛-𝙳𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛-𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎

🪴

🪴

"This isn't so bad, is it?"

Daniel, Violet, and Sam are all out in Mr. Miyagi's old boat on the lake. Daniel opted to miss work and excuse the girls from school to take them fishing to catch up with them, as he hasn't spent much time with them lately.

"Not at all." Violet agrees as she baits her hook.

However, Sam isn't as excited about it. "I guess it beats going to school."

"It's something about the quiet and the sound of the water that always seems to help." Daniel says. "I thought we could all use some of that today."

"Is that why we're out here?" Sam asks, a little skeptical of her dad.

"I also thought we could catch some dinner for tonight." Daniel hands Sam her pole.

"It looks a little rusty." Sam points out as she checks out her pole.

"Yeah, so am I." Daniel chuckles. "The trick to fishing out here is to get the line into the deep water away from the boat. It's all in the cast."

Daniel demonstrates by casting his line first. and begins coaching the girls. "Alright, get your shoulder back. Bend your elbows and let her fly."

"There you go." Daniel smiles as the girls perfectly mimic his cast. "Do you remember the last time we were out here together?"

"It was with Mr. Miyagi." Sam says.

"Yeah, he caught that fish that was so big Amanda was afraid to cook it for dinner." Violet laughs at the memory.

"I'm pretty sure we ended up ordering in a pizza." Daniel nods. "That was the day we taught you how to balance on the bow of the boat. Not that we really needed to teach you, we couldn't knock either of you off to save our lives. You guys wanna give it a try, for old times' sake?"

Violet's smile fades as Sam shakes her head. "I knew it."

"Knew what?" Daniel asks.

"Is that why you brought us out here? To try to trick us into doing karate?" Sam accuses.

"What? No, not at all. This has nothing to do with that." Daniel insists, but Sam gives him a look of disbelief. "I just wanted to spend the day together."

"I told you, dad. I quit karate." Sam scolds.

"I wouldn't say I've quit but I'm definitely on hiatus." Violet adds.