18: Childish Promise

A signal you gave to Hanma who nods. He drowns himself in to the huge waves of people as his eyes are set to a certain person who is innocently staring at the clothes outside from a shop. Doing what he is told, Hanma decides to push another person towards his target, of course making it look like it's a pure accident and lets the chaos between the two man begin.

He swiftly took the two men's wallet that is dropped on the floor, the two of them continue to argue without noticing that Hanma is bringing out the cash and puts it in his pocket before throwing the wallets away, leaving no trace for someone to suspect him. Making the scene look like there's no stealing shit that is happening at all.

His eyes immediately search for you who is not that far from him. A dreamy sigh again he lets out, witnessing you wearing a more stylish outfit that he and Inui bought. Walking towards you with a smirk, he grabs your waist smoothly while walking away with you.

"Shall we go eat to a fancy restaurant, master?" He whispered in your ear making you roll your eyes.

"We need it to buy our basic needs, you dumb fuck. Give me the money" Hanma then grumpily gave the money, doesn't dare to remove his hands on your waist.

"Your hand, pet" Your voice laces with a warning. Hanma 'tsk-ed' before letting you go completely.

"Where's the burnty boy?"

"Doing his part on this stealing to survive shit"

"My bad, i forgot. You need to sit still and look pretty while we do the work" You roll your eyes. "Not my fucking fault you two have been frantic and worried about me doing the job, which makes me feel kinda useless"

"Aww~ don't be. You're the one who made the plan anyway, you're like our director and we're the actors. Simple as that. Because you don't have that much of a experience to this master~ can't have ya fucking up our plan" You roll your eyes, 'So fucking annoying' you thought as sitting down on the bench. Hanma sat beside you, crossing his legs.

"Say, is being with me that fun?" You asked and Hanma smirks.

"Not at all," That hit a nerve on you. "But it's fun seeing ya get so worked up 'cuz of me" Hanma leans at the bench and you sighed.

"You treat everything as a game or joke" Hanma whistles, "True. Living the best out of your life without thrill, excitement and all that shit makes no sense at all"

"Since we're startin a one of a hell ride, let's make a promise" Hanma moves closer to you and puts up his pinky finger. You hold back your laughter because of this.

"What are we? A child? This is absolutely childish, Shuji"

"What's wrong with being childish?" Hanma sighs, "If we beat down yer emo ass friend, ya'll give me a 100 slaves who will do all the work for me everyday"

You laughed, genuinely by that. Hanma is silently staring at you, hates to admit that he's eager to remember this moment right now and onwards— without missing a single detail of how you looked so mesmerizing wearing you truest joy.

"Why the promise? Mikey might kill me before we can even bring him down" Hanma smirks, "Do not worry your pretty little head about it. I'll make sure of that and will make sure you're able to live your life, free. Free from whatever the past burdens you and from whoever who tries to hold you back from being happy. That's my promise to ya~"

That made you stop, looking at Hanma as if he's insane. So he frowns, "What?"

"Doesn't sound like THE Hanma Shuji. Promises coming out from your mouth is pure bullshit if you ask me. Big words escaping from a stupid person like you. Who even the fuck are you—"

"Oh come on! I'm being generous here! All for that 100 slaves"

A look of hesitation you showed to Hanma, "You'll make sure?" It's foolish, to get yourself hoping on someone who doesn't take everything so seriously. But in the way Hanma said your heart wishes and yearned for in secret and silently, just this once... you let yourself to be foolish and believe the joker's words.

"I'll make it sure," In the way Hanma's gaze shifted to something more intense than it was before.

"Whatever it takes?"

"Whatever it takes" Hanma replied, firm.

So hesitantly you wrap your pinky fingers against his, the promise is sealed. "You have a 100 slaves from me then, if ever we beat Mikey down" A charming smile he flashed.

"Sounds fantastic, master!"

"Y/N san!" Both of you looked at Inui who is walking towards you two. A smile he wears as casually putting the money that he stole in the bag.

"Holy shit, that's a lot" Hanma grins and you silently watched the two converse. A sad glint in your eyes can be seen.

'Eventhough you wanted to be a good person, fate will definitely find it's way for you to do illegal shits' You thought and sighs

"Oh and Y/N san," Your gaze lands on Inui.

"Hm?"

"I met a guy earlier. Not quite familiar with him but strangely, he asked me about you and he knows my name as well. I was this close on beating him up but he said you're a friend to him" You raise your eyebrows

"What's his name?"

"Haku Hiroshi, is his name"

'Fuck, why did i even forgot about him' You said and closed your eyes by the stress you're feeling.

"Say, Inui, where did you last see him?"

____________

luxsano — tbh, i'm curious and would love to see your theories about this book. please do leave some in the comments if you have! <3