30: Rouge Allure

Warning: Graphic violence. Read at your own risk.

༒︎

Lord, what will become of me

Once I've lost novelty?

In fact, it's amusing.

It's amusing in a way that after taking two lives, you're so desperate to save one that has only been nice and compassionate to you.

A human displaying compassion for another human.

Hanma didn't follow you, of course; the idiot must be fleeing to avoid this disaster. While you had assumed that he would wait for the thrill of witnessing you end up destroying Bonten. That he'll wait to see your tragedy or murder. What a shame it is.

You made the decision to trust a man from your past, but what did he do?

The motherfucker disappointed you.

Since he is a guy, bred to influence and disappoint, it is fucking funny.

It's obvious. There are several sweat stains all over your face even though the night has not yet dawned. Restless breathing, fuzzy vision, the weight bearing on your back while walking at a hidden alley where no normal person could see you in this state- lips chapped, filled with wound and clothing splattered with blood. A silent plea, silent plea for someone reliable to mysteriously intervene and save Seishu who is losing a lot of blood. The urge to save Inui outweighs the desire to save yourself. If protecting Seishu's life is something you are unable to do, you are absolutely damned.

"It'll be okay, pretty boy" You are shaking as you say that. A fear of nothing related to Manjiro Sano, nor his Bonten, but the fear of losing Inui right here, right now, because of you- is what eats you alive. His breaths is becoming slower and weak.

"It'll be okay, i'll get you some help, hang on a little longer"

"So the reports were accurate. You killed Kakucho and Sanzu."