32: At Your Knees

Each steps you took, the ringing in your ears worsen that you have to take a rest at the multiple of stairs where you're sure no will see or attack you. Everything is spinning and your heart starts to beat so slowly, to the point you're afraid, not because of death– but because you didn't do much yet.

So, you started to harshly slap your chest and head, thoughts clogged you to be stronger than ever, to stand up and face Mikey already. A pathetic, worthless, desperate pleas repeating like a prayer. To not let this night end without putting a conclusion between you and Mikey's relationship.

Unknowingly, it's the uneasiness and fear eating you up. It was at the slow pace yet it ruined you bit by bit.

"You're here"

It was clear as the night along with the smell of gun and its sounds, that voice where it laces such mellow and breeze. You looked up to see Haku Hiroshi shooting every attackers who dares to attempt taking a step closer to you.

Once he is finished, Hiro immediately wraps you around with his jacket.

"Guess you aren't a traitor like Hanma... huh"

He chuckles and tenderly wiped your blood.

"So you spared him, Y/N san"

Silence, it felt suffocating, yet his gaze holds an emotion you can't just point out. You can't breathe by its familiarity. He gazes at you like he did once you stopped beating the gang leader, who kept messing with your division, to death.

Not now, not now, not now where every parts of your body is aching, not here when the person who you expected to be a betrayer too is infront of you.

Immediately, you aim your gun at Hiro and his eyes widen. You pulled the trigger causing the man under Bonten behind him fell down with holes between his eyebrows.

"Explain what happened to that psycho"

Hiro sighed. "Don't be too hard on the reaper, Y/N san. To put it simple, Hanma sided with Bonten in order to fulfill the plan and protect you"

Tone laced with such seriousness, you wonder if this is just a hallucination or your reality by how Hiro kept splitting to two in your vision. You wondered if there's any truth to his words. You wondered if this is a delusion that your in denial heart created by how betrayed you felt just moments ago before you even entered the building.

"Hanma stays true to this group. He cannot stop Sanzu and Kakucho from shooting Inui, who doesn't know about this either so he thought that we are included in this sick organization's plan. That's our grave mistake, to not tell you two about this earlier because the suspicion of Bonten's number 2 & 3 had on us is firm. We deeply apologize for that. Every interaction we made with you are seen and heard by them, Y/N san. But right now, Hanma is on his way to Naoto to give the USB file he have to lick Sanzu and Kakucho's ass for in order to have evidence Bonten's crimes"

Then, he started to guide you on way up, stopping and making you drink something– water

You immediately coughed that out and pushed him away, he smiles and grabs your waist to prevent you from falling.

"I didn't put some poison don't worry" Hiro jokes, his eyes closes when he grins, you glared at him.

"Then it's just all an act? How could I trust that man who pointed his damn gun at me?"