23: Friend or Foe

"Take care of Mikey for me"

______________

It's the tranquility you always longed for. Peace, safety, hope— like a calm ocean after the merciless storm. You dreamed... you dreamed of living beside the sea. Having Baji and other toman founding members visiting you, catching up with you, all had a job and a good life free from the delinquent world they once enjoyed. Joy... true, genuine joy. But it seems like all your life, it's something that the universe always take away from you.

As if you're undeserving to experience such

As if the world just made you alive to test you and your will to live in the most cruel way.

You're watching the sun falling down, creating an orange shadows gracefully mixed in with yellow along with the white clouds on the sky. At an abandoned building's rooftop, you can't help but to wonder, if Baji and Draken are still here with you would such future be changed?

Would Manjiro be a more... better person? To be like his brother, staying humble... on the ground, just fixing bikes like what he always liked to do?

Not so high, not so unreachable, and not so... inhumane.

'Guess i'll really have to make him fall... right Baji... Draken?'

No answer

You lost them, they died. Simple as that but it doesn't seem to sink in, so deeply in your system. Was it the fact that you can't just accept it that easily? Or was it the guilt you've been carrying while living under the name of Nara?

One question and if it is that easy for them to answer, you would've known other solutions to bring Mikey back. But him drowning so deep in that darkness alone, you know you have no hope.

Death itself is the solution

Looking at the picture you took long... long time ago. They were all so happy. Your friends— family are happy. Toman just won against the Black Dragons and to the ramen shop, you all decided to go. Draken, Pah and Mitsuya are laughing together. Baji, Kazutora and Mikey seems to be arguing about something. It's the best photo you've taken, a smile you shown.

You can still hear the laughs, the smiles, the flow of that night where it's one of the golden moments of your life.

"Oi! Y/N, the fuck are you doing there, get your ass in here and eat!" Draken again scolded you once again like a mother. You sighed dramatically, "I said i'm not hungry"

"Not hungry my ass, yer saliva was literally flowin when ya smell the ramen shop from afar!" Baji stated and the rest of them laughed at you.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you"

"Oh shit, here she go again"

"Kazutora!"

"Ah yes, the death is walking towards us what a sight!" You swore you could see a heart shape in Kazutora's eyes that's on you. Strangely, he's been acting like some kind of admirer towards you. You're just his type he say, but he teases you most of the time so you're completely confused. Was his way of showing his love is pissing the shit out of you?