20: Lost Cause

"Nice seeing you again, Nara. A lovely afternoon, isn't it?" Ran Haitani flashes you his charming smile. Hair is slick back, wearing his Corneliani, looking as charming as he could ever get despite the sprays of blood on his pale cheeks and holding a gun on his right hand that just screams pure danger.

A sigh escapes on your lips, feeling frustrated because you can't have a one damn peaceful day. You look at Inui who seem to refuse to move or process what's happening since there are many dead individuals around you. Shock and fear literally written all over his face. Probably because he's seeing so much blood.

You bit your lips in guilt, covering his eyes and he flinch.

The people laying down on their blood right now... they're innocent, definitely not involved in the conflict between you and Mikey. All are killed just like that and it angers you the most, Bonten involving innocent people who have nothing to do with their problems. Pathetic. They're all pathetic, cruel, and heartless.

"What do you want, you fucking son of a bitch?" Your voice laces with anger, a whistle escapes through his lips.

"Don't ya think we've been doing the 'catch me if you can' game for so long, my darling?" You roll your eyes, arms protectively cover Inui. You can't let Inui get hurt, not a person will get hurt again because of you. You'll make sure of that.

Even if you can't make it out alive for another day.

"Run... run as fast as you can. I don't take no as an answer," You said and suddenly, you flinch as you can feel the bullets pierce on your legs.

Inui widens his eyes, stuttering out your name as blood started to flow. You cursed repeatedly while Ran smirks, feeling the victory as seeing his bullets in your body.

"Run Inui," You glared at him, to show that you're dead serious. The last thing you want at the moment is Inui lying in your arms, dead, bloody. No, no, no you can't take that possibility. That won't happen.

"run" Inui slowly steps back,

"Me and Hanma will get you some hel—"

"I don't need that shit, Inui. Get the hell away from here!" You shouted and your eyes went back at Ran who shows a fake pity watching you two's situation.

"A shame that boss said not to touch anyone but you," Ran sighs. "But then again, i'm born not to obey some orders everytime" He points the gun at Inui's