19: Good Old Friend

Inui immediately leads you to where he last saw Hiroshi. At an alley, it's dirty and fairly dark despite the sun roaring its light. Hanma was this close on pulling you and Inui on your way to home but then a knife launched at you, luckily, Hanma managed to pull your waist close to his body and avoided such attack.

Hanma's face shows no emotion while Inui was shocked and immediately asked if you're okay, which you answered a yes while frowning. You're completely taken aback and by how Hanma's grip on your waist hardens helps you to process everything quickly.

He removes his hand on your waist, getting the knife and steps forward.

"Say, if i used this to detach your eyes out, will ya beg me to stop?" Hanma said, picking up the knife and pointed at the figure not so far away from you three.

"Hmm, i see. You're good at picking your own people, Moon" There a familiar voice answered.

"Yo" You sighed as you see the face you're expecting to meet. Haku Hiroshi, a childhood friend of yours, once a member of the Tokyo Manji Gang too- under your division. You two have a close bond, nearly reaches to Mikey and Baji's but you haven't met him face to face for years.

His face has become matured. Sharp cheekbones, his blue hair turns to a pure black and in his usual white tshirt attire and pants. He looked decent- well even more handsome than you two last met.

You know you need to be cautious at times like this, but it's Hiroshi we're talking about. You're able to contact him through Naoto. You can be sure that he is not going to betray you, yet. Eventhough he is a good friend but you have your suspicions of course. In 12 years, one can change so much, so no one can be trusted nowadays.

"What a nice way to welcome me, Hiro" A genuine laugh escapes from him, a laugh that you dearly missed.

"Got to make sure that the ones with ya are able to protect you" A hug he gives to you, you slowly hug back, closing your eyes to feel the warmth.

"Missed you," Hiroshi whispered and Hanma scoffs, rolling his eyes as throwing the knife away. Inui smack the back of his head by such attitude and he glared at him.

"Alright, hug time's over" Hanma announced and pulled you away.

"I was enjoying the hug, you bastard" You frown and he smirks unamused to you.

"Well, i'm not enjoying the view" Inui sighs as another bicker between you two have started again.

Inui looked at Hiroshi who is looking at you, eyes filled with fondness. He does remember the guy right now, he is following you everywhere or you're always with him if you're not with Mikey and Draken.