Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Detective Conan, Magic Kaitou or NCIS in anyway!

Chapter 2
They were having a good time when suddenly thirty minutes later Ran scanned the room looking for Conan.
"What is it Ran-chan?" Kazuha asked seeing Ran's face darkening in worry. "It's been 30 minutes since I last saw Conan-kun" Ran said "Shouldn't  he be back already?"
             A short distance away Agasa-hakase,  along with Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, Ai and Genta were chatting.
"Now that you mention it. Conan-kun should be back by now. I wonder where he would be..."Kazuha said.
           At that moment Takagi-keji and Satou-keji came up to the high schoolers enjoying the party.
          "Is everything alright Ran-chan?" Satou-keji asked
            "Takagi-keji, Satou-keji have you seen Conan-kun around?" Ran asked "He ran off about thirty minutes ago and he hadn't returned yet. I am starting to get worried"
              The two police detectives shrugged in a negative response before the Detective Badges went off loudly.
              "Conan-kun! Where are you?" Ayumi's worried voice asked the question.
             "That's not important!" came Conan's breathless voice over the speaker as he ignored Ayumi's question. There wasn't time for it, alerting Hakase was much more important. Danger was coming and he couldn't risk the people he cared about. Not now or ever if he could help it.
             "Hakase! You have to evacuate the hotel now!" Conan's voice was very serious as the others gravitated towards Agasa Hakase.
            "Hurry" he called out before the speaker went dead.
             They exchanged confused locks and then five minutes later the door opened and Conan dashed in. He closed the door behind him and falling to his knees breathing hard from his mad dash.
              "Conan-kun?" Ran asked, and Conan looked up and everyone saw him without his glasses. It was the first time they had ever seen the glasses off his nose.
             Ignoring Ran, he instead directed his attention and voice to Agasa-Hakase.
            "Hakase! You need to get everyone out of here!" Conan exclaimed
           "Why Conan-kun?" Agasa asked "What's wrong?"
            "There's a bomb in the hotel!" Conan exclaimed and Haibara Ai's eyes widened in pure horror at the realization "Y-you mean...you can't mean..." Ai choked out her voice wobbling visibly terrified. "They're here?"
             Conan's head spun around at Haibara's voice his eyes widening. How could he forget that Haibara Ai was in the most danger of them all.
             "Haibara! You have to get out of here! This is bad! If they find you then-!" Conan exclaimed only to be interrupted by Haibara.
             "What about you?" Ai asked. It was quiet for a few seconds before Conan gave a soft sigh of defeat before speaking. His face had defeat written all over it along with pain.
             "You know me too well Haibara" Conan said his hand reaching up to pull out a dagger out of his right side. Blood coated his hand as he stood up letting the bloodstained dagger drop to the ground with a clatter.
              "C-Conan-kun!" They exclaimed to see such a move from the young detective.
              "Get out of here!" Conan said as Hattori Heiji rushed over. Conan handed Heiji the bow tie.
              "What? Why?" Heiji asked confused.
              "Take it Hattori, I won't need it anymore" Conan replied simply causing Heiji to frown at the young detective's words.
              "What about you!" Heiji demanded "You better not be giving you AHOU!" He exclaimed.
               "Idiot!!! What the hell are you thinking you moron! They'll kill you and then they wil kill everyone you care about!" Ai exclaimed leaving everyone confused of the conversation.
                Conan gave a bittersweet smile as everyone was ushered out towards the emergency stairwell away from him.
                 "It's already too late. It's too late for me" Conan replied "And that's why I must stop them by myself"
                  Hattori Heiji nodded in understanding even though he didn't want to leave his best friend behind. "Get everyone to safety please" Conan said   
               "You are the few only ones I trust to keep them safe" he said
               "We will" Heiji promised "Be safe" and Haibara just nodded looking determined. The two trusted ones exchanged looks before pulling Ran towards the door.
               Mouri Ran struggled against the grips the other two had on her
              "Conan-kun! No! Conan-kun! Conan-kun! You can't!" Ran cried out. Ran saw the bitterness in the child's eyes as she fought to get to him trying to free herself the other two had on her.
               "Goodbye Ran" Conan whispered "Don't cry over me, not anymore...I'm not worth it..." was the reply Ran heard as she was ushered out of the room.
____________________________________
Well! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter. The action is just starting. Do you think Conan-kun will be victorious or do you think he will fall? Stay tuned!
-Khaos no Sam