Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I do not own Detective Conan, Magic Kaitou or NCIS in anyway!

                            Chapter 9

It was only a week later when Kaito managed to convince his mom and Jii to go abroad away from Japan. It was less dangerous and the Black Organization wasn't as widespread like they were in Japan. Kaito went and immersed himself in the research for the Pandora gem. He stopped going to school, the less he interacted with his friends the safer they were.
                 Saguru was confused and he was at school when the classes witch. Akakko Koizumi sauntered up to him.
               "You're worried aren't you" Akakko said.
"May I help you Koizumi-san?" Saguru asked.
"The darkness is closing in on the white dove" Akakko said "He's pushing us away"
"Why? Why is Kuroba doing that?" Saguru asked, "I mean Aoko is really worried." Saguru admitted.
"Kuroba, Kaito is trying to keep you safe, along with Nakamori-chan. He is risking a lot." Akakko said and Saguru whirled around. "He needs help-" Saguru exclaimed only to have Akakko interrupt him.
       "You can't help him." Akakko said. "He's made his choice and now he's out of our reach now." She said and then it was silent into Aoko rushed out to the two.
       "Why is Kaito shouldering this alone?" Saguru asked. "He's my rival for goodness sake?"
       "Kuroba-kun is stubborn. He doesn't want you to get hurt." Akakko said.
       "What about his No one gets hurt policy, shouldn't it include himself?" Saguru exclaimed and Aoko made herself known.
                "Hakuba-kun! Where is Kaito?" Aoko asked worriedly "He isn't at home or coming to school. No one is home either, the house is just abandoned." Aoko wailed tears brimming in her eyes. The worry was reflected by all of Kaito's friend's eyes. Of all those people who knew the young magician and were his friends the worry was there.
       Akakko spoke to try to comfort the distraught girl.
               "Kuroba-kun is keeping you all safe. In his own cial way" She said before she changed the subject about the wounded Detective in the hospital.
                After that both Saguru and Akakko tried to cheer Aoko, and it took both their combined efforts to make Aoko cheerful again.
       'I hope you know how much this is effecting Aoko-chan...' Saguru thought silently. 'Why? Why can't you see how much you are hurting us Kaito...?' he thought.
       Meanwhile in Kaito's lair, he sneezed as he pored over the documents. 'Someone must be talking about me' Kaito thought before he let out a sigh. "Saguru...Aoko.... Shinichi...I'm sorry" Kaito whispered before returning to his work.
      Finally after days at work Kaito grinned broadly. All the research he did pay off. He found the target that he had been looking for.
                It was located in the District of Columbia in the United States of the America. There was no time to waste. Kaito began to type the final heist note. After that he lay in the spare bed in his lair and took a nap to recharge for the biggest heist in the entire century.
____________________________________
Another chapter up.
-Khaos