Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I do not own Detective Conan, Magic Kaitou or NCIS in anyway!

                               Chapter 5

         A couple minutes later there were faint shadows in the flames. Mitsuhiko blinked back tears, which had been threatening to fall in his grief.
         "Hey! I see someone!" Mitsuhiko exclaimed,
"Look! I think someone is coming!!!! Guys! I think they made it!" and the others turned to see two people exiting the wall of flames.
"W-what?!" Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko exclaimed surprised. It was Sherry and a handsome male around 17 years old came out of the flames. 
Sherry was supporting the male as they made their way towards the speechless group. The male had crimson staining his clothes and Ran's eyes widened as the two stopped in front of her.
         "S-Shinichi..." Ran gasped.
         "Hey Ran long time no see" Shinichi said he was pale and still bleeding but he had a small smile on his face. It was good to see Ran face to face in his true face finally.
         "You're hurt!" Sonoko exclaimed as Shinichi wiped the stream of blood, which was running down the side of his chin. 
"This is nothing," Shinichi said and Takagi looked around seeing the rivets of a blood trail leading down from the stairs. The blood glistened in the flames light ominously as the situation worsened.
         "Is it possible for someone to bleed that much?" Takagi questioned and Shinichi ignored it to gaze at Ran seeing the tears in his best friends eyes.
         "Ran. I'm sorry for disappearing" Shinichi said and Ran broke out of her shocked trance throwing her arms around him.
Sherry had let go as Shinichi snaked his arms around Ran as Ran began to sob in Shinichi's arms.
"You Stupid detective geek! You worried me! You jerk!" Ran choked out ignoring the fact her clothes were becoming damp from Shinichi's blood. Shinichi rested his weary head on Ran's shoulder.
"I know Ran..." he said. "I missed you too" and he tightened his grip as the pain returned from a dull thunder to a stronger wave of pain.
Sherry turned to Takagi-keji who was watching the couple with wide eyes.
"Call the ambulance now Takagi-keji" She ordered and the police detective nodded and headed off in order to make the call. Ran stepped back, but Shinichi's arms were still around her.
"Don't you ever pull a stunt like that ever again" Ran exclaimed.
"Okay Ran" Shinichi said as his eyes going blurry for a moment. He blinked to clear his vision; he saw Ran's eyes full of tears.
"Ran..." Shinichi spoke and his voice was weak weaker She had ever heard it before. He moved his hands up to her shoulders and tightened his grip.
"Y-Yes?" Ran sputtered her eyes filled with confusion. However instead of speaking like she expected, Shinichi leaned in close and kissed her on the lips. Ran returned the kiss and they ignored the fact that the kiss tasted like copper and iron, and Shinichi pulled away wincing.
"Shinichi. I love you" Ran cried out. Shinichi smiled despite the fact that there was pain etched in every feature his face paler.
"I know Ran" Shinichi said as one of his hands went to his side noticing that Ran's eyes softened. 'Oh no...my injuries are getting worse' Shinichi thought.
"Eh?" Ran said confused.
"You told me...that you loved me..." Shinichi's vision blurred and the others watched shocked as tears ran down Shinichi's cheeks. Shinichi never cried at all in his entire life not a single tear had ever rolled down his cheeks.
"Shinichi..." Ran said lifting a hand in order to wipe the tears away from Shinichi's cheeks.
"And with that" Shinichi said his vision had dark blotches forming in the corners. He was weakening and he knew it deep down that maybe the devil's luck was actually going to run out. He was going to die...and not bounce back.
"I can die a happy man" Shinichi said his grip loosened on Ran's shoulder, Ran's eyes widened as Shinichi's legs gave out. He fell to the side his eyes closed as his body gave out for that moment.
"?!" The others gasped and Ran caught Shinichi before his head hit the ground. Shinichi was gently lowered to lay his head in Ran's lap, one hand clasped in Ran's tightly. She didn't want to let go just incase that he would leave her once more.
"Shinichi!!!!" Ran wailed and Shinichi's eyes flickered and he blinked to clear his vision.
"Ah...sorry my wounds must be getting to me" he said. He could hear the sirens of the ambulance on its way and Shinichi turned to gaze at Ran. "Sorry for disappearing, not confessing my feelings earlier" he apologized.
"Why are you apologizing?" Ran demanded. "I forgave you long ago" Shinichi looked like a burden was lifted off his shoulders. Then he came to a decision. He was going to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help him King Enma.
"Ran. I have a c-confession to make" Shinichi said and Ran stuttered. "What is it?" she stuttered in surprise at his word choice.
'He's going to tell her?' Heijii thought in shock. 'Now? At this time?'
'Shinichi...' Shiho thought realizing the time was right. He had always wanted to wait for the perfect time to confess the secret he had been keeping for the longest time. Now Shinichi wanted to do it before he died. He was going to die and he wanted to die with no regrets.
"The truth is I-I was never abroad on a case" Shinichi said. "I was in Beika the entire time" he said. 'I'm dying...I have to tell her...she deserves to know everything. I guess my devil's luck is finally running out. Because I'm finally.... going to die' Shinichi thought wincing in pain the pain growing to a roar through the barrier he had placed.
He took a deep breath this would hurt his oldest friend and love but he had to tell her, "The truth is...that I was by your side the entire time~." his explanation was cut off by a sharp gasp from Ran echoed by the others.
"What?" the others gasped at Shinichi's words. Ran was shocked, completely shocked.
"How is that possible?" she gasped. "The only one that was by my side was C-Conan-kun," She said stuttering at the last part.
Shinichi let out a sigh and steeled himself for the massive bombshell he was about to drop one that he would drop on the group. Something Ran had always suspected since Conan acted so similar to Shinichi.
"Correct." Shinichi said. "I was Edogawa Conan.," he admitted.
"People don't just de-age ten years!" Kazuha exclaimed.
"It's possible because didn't you see Haibara grow ten years?" Shinichi said answering Kazuha's exclamation.
"I created the poison," Sherry said suddenly. "The APTX 4869..." she said. "Just like Kudou was Edogawa, Conan I was Haibara, Ai" she said
"Is that true?" Ayumi asked tearfully.        
             "It is" Sherry said and Shinichi let out a pained gasp as more blood gushed from his open wounds. As the blood flowed out upon the cement two high schoolers Kuroba Kaito and Hakuba Saguru ran up.
              They had seen the massive explosion and fire of the hotel and rushed over as fast as they could.
____________________________________
Holy moly! Another chapter out? I guess I may finish posting the entire story by the time Friday rolls around! Score! Alright, two new characters have arrived! Is that good or bad? Find out next time!
-Khaos