Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I do not own Detective Conan, Magic Kaitou or NCIS in anyway!

Chapter 7

                 It was only three hours later Takagi and Satou headed back to headquarters covered in ash and they smelled strongly like smoke.
                "Kebu!"Satou -keji called out as she entered causing the others to look up.
                "What is it Satou-san? Why do you smell like smoke?" Meguire-kebu asked.
                "You're needed at the hospital sir" Satou-san said calmly.
               "Why is that?" Chiba questioned. Takagi stepped forwards a serious look on his face one that was unfamiliar on the normally shy quiet police detective.
               "That's not important. There's no time! Move it!" and then the shocked cops hurried to the hospital. They had never heard such a strange tone in Takagi's voice before.
                The automatic doors opened to reveal Kogoro comforting the sobbing Ran who was covered in blood, Hakase Agasa comforting the sniffling Detective Boys.
              "What's going on Kogoro ?" Meguire-kebu announced his presence by the question.
             'Why was Ran covered in blood?' he wondered. Suddenly worried about the strange expressions of grief everyone wore.
              Instead of Kogoro answering the Police Inspector there was an unfamiliar voice.
             "Kudou, Shinichi is in intensive care." Shiho said as she entered the room. Meguire took in the dried blood on her clothes with concern.
             "I have already alerted his parents," She told Agasa.
             "W-Who are you?" Chiba asked with a stutter. 
              Shiho gazed coldly at the cops. "Miyano, Shiho" Shiho answered before Heijii came over concerned.
             "How is he?" Heijii asked concern colored in his tone for his best friend who had been through so much.
             "Truthfully. I am surprised that he's still breathing" Shiho said.
             Kogoro spoke up. "How bad is the detective brat off?" He asked.
             "Kudou-kun had been stabbed in the side, shot 5 times and has severe burns on his back from the explosion." Shiho replied clinically. "He's currently undergoing surgery to take three of the bullets out and stitching up his stab wound." She reported, and the others eyes widened in surprise. "And suffered severe blood loss in the process"
              Finally they sat down waiting for news except there wasn't any for a couple hours. Ran had cleaned up before she donated her blood and she was calmer now sitting thinking about the two detectives. Kogoro had stepped out to call Eri Kinaki; Ran's mother. She immediately rushed from her law firm to the hospital.
              "Ran!" Eri exclaimed before hugging her daughter. Ran blinked a couple times in surprise.    
             "M-mom?" Ran asked blinking as she came out of her own deep thoughts.
               "Ran? Are you okay?" Eri asked concerned. Ran let out a sigh. "I'm fine. It's not me who's fighting for life this time" she said softly.
               "Is it Conan-kun?" Eri asked having noticed the lack of Conan around.
              "Shinichi..." Ran said softly her eyes saddening.
               "You could say they are both fighting for their lives" Kaito said from where he sat.
               "What?" Shiratori asked. "What do you mean and who exactly are you?" he asked.
             "You could say they are the same person." Heijii piped up as the others gasped in shock. 
              Shiho's eyes narrowed. "You had to blab" Shiho said icily.
               Heiji stood up. "Ya said it was safe!" He replied. "I'm jist tellin da truth ahou" Heijii replied. "Little Neechan"
                Before Shiho could retort back in anger Ran's warning voice spoke up breaking up the impending argument that was brewing.
                  "Heijii. Ai-chan! That's enough." Shiho looked apologetic and Shiho answered. "Sorry Onneesan."
                 "Ai-chan?" Chiba questioned. Shiho let out a sigh. "Anyways its safe for now..." Shiho said and sat down. Kaito sat with the pokerface on and Saguru noticed it. "Are you okay Kuroba?" Saguru asked.
                 "I'm fine" Kaito answered.
                 "You are not fine. You have not spoken for more than four hours Kaito." Saguru said showing concern in his tone for his fellow classmate.
                "I said I'm fine Hakuba" Kaito replied as Ran got up and walked over to Kaito.
               "You must be Kaito." Ran said quietly.
               Kaito looked up still poker faced. "I am," he answered. Ran smiled and she simply said. 
               "Thank you" She said. Saguru turned surprised. "For what Ran-chan?" Kaito asked smoothly. Ran gave a small chuckle before she spoke. "For covering for Shinichi." she smiled. Kaito nodded
             "Oh...you are welcome," he said and the doctor came out clearing his throat.
             "Err... is Mr. and Mrs. Kudou here?" the doctor asked.
              Ran walked over to the doctor. "No. They're abroad. But my father and mother can vouch for Shinichi." Ran said.
              The doctor's gaze softened in response.    
             "Sorry miss, but the rules are family only." the doctor said.
             Ran's eyes flashed with anger. "I am family! Shinichi has been living alone without his parents since he was 13 years old." Ran exclaimed. "I've been taking care of Shinichi for years so don't give me that bullshit about family only."
            'Kudou...' Heijii thought sadly understanding the deep bond between the two.
            "Fine. Ms. Mouri, Mr. Mouri follow me," the doctor said. The two left.
            "Hey Hakase." Heijii said. "You never told me that Shinichi's been on his own since he was thirteen." he said. Agasa chuckled sheepishly. "Well it never came up.," he said sheepishly.
             Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko exchanged frowns at the words their mentor. "I didn't know that" Ayumi said with a frown. Shiho's phone rang and she answered it. "Shiho speaking" she said
            "Oh Shiho-chan!" came a worried voice. "Is Shin-chan okay? I would be there except we are so busy."
            "Ran-chan is with him," Shiho said.
             "Hey. Whom is Shiho-neechan talking to?" Genta asked his fellow detective boys.
             "Hey Takagi-kun? Whom is Shiho-san talking to?" Satou asked quietly.
              Takagi shrugged. "I don't know," he answered finally.
            "Alright. I'll pass the message on" Shiho said "And by the way the battle involved Gin and Vodka. Shinichi revealed every thing to Ran-onneesan. He also revealed it to the others who witnessed most of it" Shiho reported and nodded.
              "Keep me posted" was the other voice.
              "I will Kaasan" Shiho said before she hung up putting her phone away.
             "Kaasan?" Satou asked curious.
             "Hakase. Shinichi's parents cannot make it out. They are very busy but I informed them that Shinichi has told Ran" Shiho told the scientist.
            "Right..." Hakase said and Ayumi spoke up.   
            "Why? Why can't they?" Ayumi demanded.
            "Yukiko is a famous actress and Booker is the author of the series The Night Baron" Agasa said.
             "I've heard of them!" Kazuha said. "I didn't know that Shinichi-kun was related to them."
             "I remember Obaasan." Kaito spoke up from where he sat.     
              "She studied under my father with Chris Vinegard" he said the others turning to shoot surprised look at Kaito at his sudden input.
               "Vermouth..." Shiho breathed with a shudder.
                A while later, the Mouris exited and entered into the lobby once more. Kaito stood up. "H-how is he?" Kaito stuttered out causing Saguru to turn with a concerned look on his face. Kaito never stuttered like that ever.
                "He's still unconscious. In a healing coma of a sorts." Eri said.
                 "What!" Heijii exclaimed there was deep concern and Kazuha clung to Heijii. Shiho had changed into a clean lab coat with a red turtleneck dress underneath it. It wasn't suitable for Shiho to keep the bloodstained clothes on anymore.
____________________________________
Happy Día de los Muertos to those who celebrate it! Also here's another chapter! Hope you enjoyed this one.
-Khaos