Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I do not own Detective Conan, Magic Kaitou or NCIS in anyway!

Chapter 8
             It was two hours later when Shiho sat up straight and tensed as a plain woman entered in. The entire waiting room was empty except for those who were waiting for Shinichi. Ayumi noticed Shiho tense her fists balling into fists.
            "How stupid of me to wear the clothes that I disappeared in" Shiho said in a soft self-loathing whisper. The woman strode over to Shiho, the others not noticing it. She stopped in front of Shiho who hid her fear and stood.         
             "How is the Silver Bullet?" She asked.
             "What is it to you? Are you here to kill us?" Shiho replied coldly. The woman laughed coldly reaching up and the others were alerted by the laugh. Attention was caught and they heard Shiho speak in such a cold tone.
              "Answer me! Are you here to eliminate us?" Shiho demanded as the woman pulled off a mask to reveal blonde hair and cold blue eyes. "Vermouth"
              "What is the Silver Bullet's status?" Vermouth asked once more.
               "Are you here to kill Shinichi and I?" Shiho demanded ignoring Vermouth's question.
               "Why would I kill my young Silver bullet? You though are expendable" Vermouth said. She let out a chilling laugh and Shiho tensed in response.
                "I promised the Silver Bullet I would no longer pursue you Sherry under the crimson moon duel." Vermouth said. "I don't know how Gin and Vodka discovered Silver bullet-kun's true identity. Since only few people know it. The old man who took you in, Meitantei of Kansai, Yukiko and Booker Kudou, Irish, and myself." Vermouth said and noticing the look on Ran's face. "And you my young Angel" Vermouth said.
               Kazuha turned to face Heijii, as did the others since he had been exposed that he had known the entire time.
              "You knew?" they demanded of the Kansai detective.
              "Yes I did" Heijii said shortly.
              "What do you mean Silver Bullet?" Ayumi asked.
               "Kudou Shinichi or as you now know Edogawa Conan." Vermouth said. "Little girl" and then Kogoro grumbled something about idiotic detective boys who are pain in the asses. Vermouth's eyes swept over the crowd and a smirk spread across her face.
         "Ah ha if it isn't the white dove himself" Vermouth said. Kaito tensed a bit but remained silent behind his pokerface. "Yes you" Vermouth said pointing at Kaito.
          "I have no idea what you are talking about miss." Kaito replied calmly as he could. Vermouth chuckled "Oh really? Playing hard to get just like your father.," she said cheerfully.
           "I have no idea what you are blabbering on about." Kaito said before his voice hardened. "And leave my father out of this"
           Shiho watched silently as the pieces began to fall into place that hadn't been there before.
          "Besides false accusations Vermouth what is it do you want?" Kaito asked
           "Ouch that stings. You aren't still angry that Snakebite killed your father years ago." Vermouth said. "You know my words they aren't false. And look at you. You're in the very company that has sworn to catch you and put you away"
            Kaito tensed at the words the Black Organization member had spoken.
         "Shut up about my father." Kaito snarled before he forced himself to wear the pokerface. "And I have no idea what you are talking about Chris Vinegard." Kaito responded.
         "C-Chris V-Vinegard!" the assembled group sputtered out in surprise with the revelation (well most of them). Vermouth only let out a light chuckle that sent shivers down everyone's spine.
          "Your noose is tightening around your neck" Vermouth said, before a smirk promising danger spread across her face. Her next words were completely unexpected and worried Saguru at the content.
           "The hangman's noose is tightening upon your very neck at each moment." She said. "Kaito Kuroba or," the smirk widened in dark amusement "Or...Should I say The Phantom Thief Kaitou Kid the 2nd" Vermouth said. They all spun around shocked at the revelation of Kaito's true identity.
           "K-K-Kaitou K-K-Kid" they sputtered shocked. Saguru whirled around shocked as Kaito pulled himself up to his full height not caring at the moment that everyone knew who he was really.
            "You say the noose tightens around my neck each day. I've always known that, ever since I found out my father's legacy.' Kaito declared proudly.
             "You better hurry and find that gem before you get eliminated." Vermouth said.
             "Is that a threat Crow?" Kaito said his voice dangerously cold.
             "It's no empty threat." Vermouth said. "It's a promise"
              'Pokerface' Kaito thought before he recovered the pokerface determined to stare down the Black organization member.
               "I will find it and destroy it while Tantei-kun takes you all down" Kaito said.
                Vermouth spoke. "Goodbye" she said. "The next time we meet Kaitou Kid. The next time we met again is when I will kill you. Remember that" Vermouth promised, "Remember that you will die and I will be the one to end your very life." And she strode off replacing her mask leaving shocked silence in her wake.
              'Dammit!' Kaito thought. 'I'm exposed.' and Ran recovered easily and walked over to Kaito.
             "I don't care if you are the thief. You've helped Shinichi, so you are A-Okay in my book." Ran said. Kaito let out a sigh.
            "You're welcome Mouri-chan" Kaito said. 'At least someone believes in me.' he thought.
             Saguru frowned at the sudden exposure.
            "You realize I have enough proof to arrest you now Kuroba" Saguru said. Kaito whirled around the pokerface ever in place. "Telling everyone your secret," he said.
            "I am fully aware of that" Kaito responded. His eyes darkened. "More than you would ever know." He said. "Now if you would excuse me I have to get home." Kaito said.
            "Get home safely with your family Kaito-kun" Ran said. "Keep safe," she said
            "My mom will need to go into hiding..." Kaito said. "After all I've got a gem to find, even though I might die trying." his face changing into a melancholy look as he turned to face Saguru.
             "However it's better me, than my mom, old man Jii, Aoko, Nakamori-kebu and you" Kaito said.
             "I don't understand" Saguru said.
             "I used to pretend in a different world that Kaitou Kid didn't exist and we were friends not rivals." Kaito said. "Oh well. Goodbye Saguru. Good luck Shiho-chan. Tell Shinichi I'll be waiting for him. And it's nice to meet you all, although I wish it was on better terms." Kaito said. "Ran-chan?"
            "Yes?" Ran asked.
            "Thanks for believing in me. And watch over Shinichi for me." Kaito said.
             "Huh?" Ran said. "What do you mean?" she asked
               "I wish the Meitantei of the East good luck, tell him he was one of the best rivals a twin brother can be" Kaito said before he ran off. Saguru shivered at his friend's words. They seemed so final and foreboding...Saguru didn't like that at all.
__________________________________
Hello everyone! Another chapter...soon you'll be tired of seeing the constant updates. I hope you have enjoyed the story so far... I mean if an author hears feedback they are more willing to update. If they don't then they will be reluctant to make an effort. Hope that was enlightening to all the readers out there.
-Khaos