Chapter Twenty Nine - Bottled Up Feelings

Took me an hour to write this and I think it's pretty good, considering it is 2 am here. Sorry if it's a little bit short but something BIG is going to happen ;) Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Nine

(NIALL’S POV)

I stood on the stage facing the thousands and thousands of empty seats in front of me. In only a few hours, this arena would be filled with screaming fans. It was amazing how many people came to our shows. Not once had I seen an empty seat in the crowd before, we definitely had dedicated fans.

The tour was wrapping up and we had one show left that was in Paris, which was tonight. Paris was one of my favorite cities to visit; it had great tourist attractions, delicious food, and a lot more. It was also the city of love.

Love. I cringed at that word. Why did it have to be the city of love? Especially when I was trying to get the girl I’m in love with to notice. Rachel still has no idea I’m in love with her and I want to keep it that way.

It has already been a month since Australia and I still hadn’t talked to Rachel about it, yet. I was too scared to express my feelings for her, so I started avoiding her. I figured that if I didn’t see her, I wouldn’t feel like a chicken.

But that’s the thing: I was a chicken. I was too scared to tell Rachel my feelings. It was obvious that she didn’t like me back and that another guy had beaten me at stealing her heart. That lucky bastard.

“Niall!”

I looked up and saw the rest of the boys who were standing with microphones in their hands waiting patiently.

“Yeah?”

“We’ve been trying to get your attention for five minutes now! We have to start rehearsing for tonight,” Liam ordered.

“Oh, ok,” I said half-heartedly.

“Niall, are you ok? You seemed like you were thinking about something deep” Zayn said worryingly.

“Yeah I’m fine. I was just thinking how far we have come and how fast this tour has gone,” I lied putting on my best fake smile. Okay, maybe this wasn’t completely a lie, but still.

“Okay boys, let’s run through the show once!” Paul ordered from the side of the stage and we all got into our positions. Before the first song on the set list started, I saw Louis giving me a look and shaking his head disapprovingly. He was probably disappointed I didn’t tell the boys what I was really thinking about and to be honest, I was also disappointed.

(RACHEL’S POV)

Wow, this tour went by fast. It felt like it was only yesterday when the boys came to the café and asked for me to join them on tour. We’ve had so many fun memories along the way and we had visited so many beautiful countries I had never thought I would visit.

Right now, I was currently sitting on the balcony of the hotel room whilst flipping through a book that held all of the memories from this tour. I had brought my camera along with me and I wanted to remember every part of this tour, especially the fun memories.

The lights of Paris illuminated the sky along with the moon. The Eiffel tower stood in the distance, showing off its bright lights that caught your eye the most. Paris was definitely a beautiful city and it was one of the places I had always wanted to visit.

I turned to the next page and giggled at the photos inside the clear page. They were from when we were in Italy, the night we had chosen to cause a food fight backstage at the venue. In the picture was Louis chasing me with a whipped cream can and he was spraying it at me from behind with an evil grin on his face. The other boys were stood laughing at us in the background and I was laughing, but was completely terrified of getting messy. I can still remember nutella getting wiped all over my face and the popcorn getting stuck in my bra. Paul wasn’t the happiest person when he saw what creation we had made and he made us clean it all up.