Chapter Twenty Two - Six Months Is Too Long

15K READS. 15 THOUSAND READS. CAN I JUST SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH? IVE BEEN DOING THIS STORY FOR 2 MONTHS NOW AND 15K IS JUST INSANE. AHHHH I WISH I COULD GIVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU A HUG! :D

Sorry for the late update, I had really two great ideas for this chapter, but they were both so good I couldn't choose! Thanks for helping me Liv :) SHOUTOUT TO LIV CAUSE SHES FUCKING AMAZING. Okay hope you guys enjoy this new chapter :)

Chapter Twenty-Two

Six months later...

I walked down the streets of London heading towards the small café for my job. Yes, you read correctly, I had a job. Patrick insisted on me finding one about a month after moving in with him so I wouldn’t have to sulk all day. Once again, you read correctly, I did move in with Patrick. 

Since it was only eight in the morning, the streets were packed with people trying to get to work, me being one of them. As I walked past a newsstand, the newest issue caught my eye. My expression dropped and went blank as I noticed familiar faces on the cover and read the big bold letters on the front page: ONE DIRECTION BACK IN LONDON AFTER WORLD TOUR. In the picture, there was a girl standing very close next to Niall, which made my heart hurt. But I knew that he was keeping his promise and that made me satisfied. Soon, memories from that day came flooding back.

On that day after I called Patrick, he picked me up and made me tell him everything. He insisted that I stay with him until I could find a place of my own and since there was no other option, I said yes. Ever since then, I stayed in London with Patrick while the boys toured around the world. Also, I decided to go back to school. Well, Patrick kind of forced me to. When I returned, a lot of my teachers were beyond infuriated with me, but I told them I had a very contagious disease and they surprisingly bought it. I caught up with my work and graduated from high school. A lot of people would treat me differently since I was friends with the boys, but at times I didn’t seem to mind. 

But the hardest the part was hearing about the boys. It was almost every day there was something new about their tour or just more rumors about relationships and all that stuff. After about two months into the tour, it was rumored that Niall was back with his ex girlfriend Emily. She was gorgeous and a lot better looking than me so it wasn’t a surprise as to why Niall picked her in the first place. Also the fans seemed to love her as much as Eleanor, Danielle and Perrie. Every time I saw a picture of Niall or heard about him, I would get those cheesy butterflies in my stomach, but then I realized he has a girlfriend now and he was keeping my promise. There were some weeks where he would text me saying he missed me and wanted to talk, but I was too afraid to answer. About a month later, Liam and Danielle broke things off which left a very broken Liam, but he soon returned to his happy self. Before the boys left for tour, Harry asked Liv to be his girlfriend and she gladly accepted. I was really happy for her but I knew that it would be hard for her to maintain long distance relationships. However, she said that no matter how far apart they were, she would still love him.

After I graduated, I decided I wanted to make a few changes. I wanted to give myself a new look. One day I went to the salon and got the ends of my brown hair dip-dyed blonde. It did make me look different, but that’s what I most wanted to be. My whole life I wanted to dye my hair, but my stepparents never let me. Some fans would recognize me and stop to ask for a few photos, while others didn’t have very nice things to say. Over these past few months I had gotten better at dealing with hate, but I was still sensitive. 

And now here I was, standing in the streets of London observing a new issue saying the boys are back. The boys are back. What if they see me? What if I accidentally bump into them and they start asking me questions? What would I say?