Chapter 5

Harry's P.O.V

Professor Mcgonagall was now headmistress at Hogwarts, and was making her start-of-term speech before everyone started the feast. I wasn't listening, I just sat there thinking about my first ever Quidditch game with Malfoy back in second year.

I looked over at Malfoy who was at the Slytherin table, sitting next to Pansy Parkinson. They're probably dating, I thought to myself with a sigh.

I knew Mcgonagall had now finished her speech, because all the lids had disappeared off the big dishes at the table and everyone started eating.
It was just like old times at Hogwarts when I had nothing to worry about.

Well I did- but it was nothing whatsoever compared to how I felt during the battle of Hogwarts, and in first year I thought I was stressed because of Voldemort.

Now the battle was over everything was back to normal again, it was nearly as if nothing had even happened, except of course for all those who passed away during fighting against death eaters.

I thought back to sixth year when Malfoy became a death eater, and it made me depressed to think of Dumbledore. Apparently Ron had noticed;

"Hey mate, you alright?" He asked.
"Yeah I guess," I replied.
"Cheer up Harry! Voldemort's gone! You should be happy," said Hermione.
"I am happy. I just wish there was a way to re-do what has already happened, you know, there
could have been a way to save all those who died," I said.

Ron looked down, by saying this I obviously brought back his memories of Fred's death. I decided not to speak again during the feast.

I kept looking over at Malfoy who wasn't really talking much either. We suddenly met eyes, and my stomach have a small leap.

I was about to look away, but noticed him give what I could have sworn was a slight smile to me. He then looked
away quickly and got into conversation with Zabini.

I continued eating, every now
and them looking back at Malfoy in hope of meeting eyes with him again. However, unfortunately he was too involved in conversation to look at me again.