Chapter 24

Draco's P.O.V

My habit of playing guitar for at least an hour each day came to an end after I strictly told myself to start planning my 'confession of love' to Potter.

I sat in my dormitory for hours on end, just writing. Occasionally you'd get someone come in just to get something, but of course they ignored me like everyone else did these days.

You'd think writing was pointless for planning something so stupid like this, but to me writing has always been my best way building ideas; my mind never worked any other way.

So anyway, there were so many ways possible to confess; the only problem was the potential consequences for my actions.

For example, It's very hard to tell how Potter would react if I just casually walked over to him in the middle of Charms class and told him.

Therefore, I obviously had to choose the opportune moment, and the correct way of doing it as well.

You'd think after knowing Potter all these years I'd know exactly how he'd react, but you'd be very wrong indeed.

If he were my friend or something maybe it'd be much easier to tell, but he's my enemy; well, at least he used to be! Let's just say Potter was always rather unpredictable to me.

So anyway, after several hours I noted quite a lot of decent ideas but none seemed to be the right way. So this gave me only one idea left: a love letter.

I did not want to have to do this considering how cringeworthy it is but it was probably the only way.

I knew what I should say in the letter but the only question was; how would I say it?

I didn't want the letter to sound more cringeworthy than necessary, but at the same time, if you think about it, all love letters are cringey.

So here I was, at 8.00 a.m the next morning, still writing that bloody letter.

This was an awful idea. Why couldn't I just send a Howler!? Well, I knew why in fact; Howlers meant Potter'd hear my voice saying it.

I didn't want that for many reasons, the main one being I wanted this letter to be anonymous for a particular reason.

The reason was to be kept secret, and hopefully it'd be a pleasant surprise to him.

This 'surprise' was carefully planned, and could go wrong in many ways, which was why I was going to wait 'till Valentine's Day to send this letter.

Valentine's Day was the day Potter received loads of letters, so it would seem normal for him to receive this one then, as opposed to receiving it randomly one day this week. He'd probably think it was some kind of joke of something.

Also, waiting until Valentine's Day gave me plenty of time to befriend Potter before I confessed my love.

I couldn't just do it without becoming at least slightly closer to him, otherwise this wouldn't be a pleasant surprise at all. In fact, it would be a very unpleasant surprise.

Another hour passed until I had finally finished all letter-writing and planning.

Now I could relax and go back to playing guitar. This time, in Hogsmeade.