Chapter 49

Draco's P.O.V.

This couldn't be real. No, I was dreaming for sure. But I wasn't...

I stood, still in shock, staring at the scene. Not knowing what to do and too confused to even move, I watched as people leapt to their feet and ran to crowd around my boyfriend lying on the grass. Teachers cleared them out the way, and Mcgonagall picked Harry up bridal-style and began a slight run up to the castle.

I couldn't tell what people were saying; my senses were weird, but I knew everyone was nearly concerned as I was. Other teachers hurried up to the castle after Mcgonagall and everyone else was told to remain at the pitch.

I finally got back to reality, and ran after the teachers up to the castle, speeding through the corridors and following Mcgonagall to the Hospital Wing.

She laid Harry on a bed and Madam Pomfrey gasped with horror when she saw what had happened. I wasted no time in rushing over to the bed Harry lay, motionless, yet at peace.

Just like in the dramatic part of a movie when someone dies, everything seemed to go slowly.

I knelt down by the bed, my eyes going hot before tears started to roll down my cheeks all at once, as the teachers gathered round watched me aghast. I let my emotions out all the same, not giving a damn about what they thought if they didn't know about us dating before now.

I let my head drop onto his chest, sobbing and soaking his red jersey with tears.

I heard soft footsteps and then the voice of Madam Pomfrey.

"Mr Malfoy..." She whispered, "I request you step aside."

"N-no."

"I insist you come with me," I heard Mcgonagall say and she took my arm and lifted me off Harry.

"NO! HARRY!" I screamed.

"Shh! It's alright dear, just come with me. It will be okay," she said kindly, pulling me away.

There was nothing I could do. He was gone after all, what use was it? I let her lead me out of the hospital wing, her arm around my back.

It was then I remembered- the potion!

Any hope I had lost all came back to me at an instant and I suddenly span round, breaking free of Mcgonagall, and ran back to Harry just as Pomfrey was pulling a white sheet over him while teachers bowed their heads in respect.

"Wait!" I yelled.

I pulled out the mysterious vial which had been rewarded to me and Harry after our success in Potions.

"Child, please be quiet," Madam Pomfrey said with annoyance.

"No, wait I have something here to bring him back. To resurrect him!" I said excitedly.

People tried to pull me away again.

"Mr Malfoy no spell can re-awaken the dead, you know that," Mcgonagall reminded me as if she believed me to have gone insane for not knowing.

"This can," I said proudly, opening the vial.

At this point the teachers stopped, shocked.

"Mr Malfoy, that is a very rare substance. How on Earth did it come to be in your possession?!" Queried Mcgonagall.

"It was a reward from Professor Slughorn for doing well in Potions class," I explained.

I then gently put the vial to Harrys lips, opening his mouth slightly, and tipped the entirety of the liquid in. What happened next was the effect of the potion- a strange blue glow appeared around his body for a second then disappeared.

I waited, everyone in the room was waiting, until about five seconds later when he opened his eyes slowly. Everybody gasped, including me.

"Oh my goodness!" Professor Mcgonagall exclaimed.

I thew my self onto Harry, hugging him, and he eventually hugged me back.

"Come on, we'd better gather everybody in the Great Hall to tell them what happened, I imagine there is a lot of confusion and concern," Mcgonagall said to the rest of the staff,"Besides I think we'd better leave these two alone for a minute." I then saw her do something she'd never done before, well to me at least- she winked at me.

And with that me and Harry were alone. When we broke apart he looked confused.

"It's me," I said.

"Did I...die...?" He frowned.

"Uh, yeah you did. But I used that revival potion on you," I smiled.

He looked shocked to say the least.

"I can't believe it. I'd completely forgotten about that! A-and Draco, you were right about the quidditch match, I'm so sorry for not listening to you," he said.

"It's okay, don't worry," I assured him.

"So how did I die exactly? Did you see what happened?" He asked.

I recalled the dreadful event I wish not to remember- I hadn't actually seen what had happened, just heard a crunch.

"I didn't see what happened, no. I was on my way to find Hermione, I thought she could help prevent anything during the match that might hurt you, but... I... I ran into Pansy and she kissed me. I tried to pull away but by then it was too late." I winced.

Harry nodded understandingly.

"So it's Pansy's fault," he said through gritted teeth.

This is what I loved about Harry. He wouldn't just let things go, he'd get angry over them. He'd want to do something about it.

"Don't worry, I'll deal with her," I said.