Chapter 33

Harry's P.O.V

I awoke the next morning with the annoyed thoughts of having to get up early for lessons. I tried to remember last nights events, and when it came to me my heart leapt.

Draco and I were together now!

I sprang out of bed with more energy now, and got up fast.

I couldn't wait to see Draco again, so didn't waste time by waiting for Ron to get dressed, but ran to the Great Hall for breakfast.

As I burst through the doors to the Great Hall, a few people turned their heads and laughed. I sure did look stupid- nobody was this enthusiastic in the mornings.

I walked to the Gryffindor Table and sat down next to Ginny.

"You're up early today, Harry," she said, eyeing me suspiciously above the Daily Prophet she was reading.

"Well noticed," I said, buttering some toast.

"That's not very like you. Has something happened?" She questioned.

I thought for a moment. Draco didn't say anything about keeping our relationship a secret.

But should I check with him just in case? I thought.

I opened by bag and tore a bit of parchment out of a spare notebook. I got out my main quill, and wrote:

Draco,
I never thought to ask last night- we aren't meant to be telling anyone about us are we?
Harry x

I folded up the note into an origami bird, and it flew to Draco.

Draco caught it and read it. He looked at me and smiled, (which I returned) then shook his head. I mouthed 'Okay' to him, and he continued eating his cereal.

There was a pause then I heard the turning of a page next to me, which brought me back to my senses.

It appears I had been staring at Draco whilst he was eating his cereal. I looked at Ginny next to me, who raised her eyebrows.

"So?" She said.
"Uh, no- nothing," I stuttered.
"Right."

I ate my toast, every now and then looking back at Draco.

Ron and Hermione soon entered the hall, then sat down next to me.

"Alright, mate?" Ron said, helping himself to a croissant.

"So how did your little date go last night?" I asked.

"Oh it was wonderful!" Exclaimed Hermione, who then started explaining to me all about how Ron had surprised her with a candle-lit picnic he had set up.

"Aw, how nice!" Ginny said, who had now entered herself into our conversation.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco stand up, and I looked over.

'Meet me outside', he mouthed to me and I nodded. I watched as he made his way out of the Great Hall.

"Harry has something he wants to tell us, don't you Harry?" Ginny said bringing me back into reality, once again.

"Wha- oh no, Ginny, I told you it's nothing! Er, will you guys excuse me for a moment please?" I raised my voice higher on the last part, and stood up and walked out of the Great Hall, as I heard Ginny giggling in the distance.

As I walked out, I bumped straight into someone.

"Oh!" I gasped, dropping my bag. I looked at the person- it was Draco.

"Ah no, sorry Harry, here let me help,"
he laughed, and bent down to pick up my bag for me. He handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said, laughing now also.

"C'mon, let's walk to class together," he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me to Potions.

"Draco, wait!" I shouted behind him as he pulled me along.

We arrived outside the classroom and he finally let go.

"Sorry about that, didn't want anyone
to see," he chuckled. He was cute when he chuckled.

"That's alright," I panted, and leant against the wall.

We waited outside the class until everyone else had arrived, then Professor Slughorn welcomed us in as we took our seats.