Chapter 9

Third Person

Flashback

Harry was soaring through the sky, making sure he was gripping tightly around Buckbeak's neck so he wouldn't fall off.

Even though it was an extraordinary experience, riding a hippogriff, Harry definitely knew which he preferred between this and flying a broomstick.

Harry wished the moment wouldn't end, but Buckbeak soon landed back on the ground to where his class was waiting.

"How did I do on me firs' day?" Hagrid whispered to Harry, once he was on the ground again.
"Brilliant, Professor!" Replied Harry.

Draco Malfoy suddenly pushed past everyone and approached Buckbeak without caution.

"Yeah your not dangerous at all, are you? You great ugly brute!" he said, clearly unimpressed and jealous of Harry.

Without warning, Buckbeak was up on two feet and scratched Malfoy so he fell to the ground, with everyone screaming and backing away.

Malfoy was now on the floor rolling around and holding his arm in pain saying,
"Oh it's killed me! It's killed me!"

Hermione suddenly stepped forwards.
"Hagrid! He has to be taken to the hospital!" She said worriedly.

"I'm the teacher, I'll do it," said Hagrid as he lifted Malfoy up bridal-style.
"Class dismissed," he said as Malfoy cursed.

Harry stood there watching Hagrid carrying Malfoy off in the distance. Harry knew Malfoy was deliberately being a drama-queen, but all the same couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for him for some strange reason.